Lady GaGa Reveals 'Born This Way' Song Titles and Confirms Second Single
Lady GaGa lines up 17 songs for her highly-anticipated studio album "Born This Way" which is due across United States on May 23. In an interview with Vogue for its latest issue which sees her gracing the cover, GaGa revealed five song titles including "Hair", "Bad Kids" and "Government Hooker".
Another song titled "Judas" is confirmed as a second single to follow up the title track which is coming out on February 11. "The melody sounds like it was written for The Ronettes, but it is set to a sledgehammering dance beat and is about falling in love with backstabbing men of the biblical variety," the publication described it.
The other track is called "Americano". "[It's] a big mariachi techno-house record, where I am singing about immigration law and gay marriage and all sorts of things that have to do with disenfranchised communities in America," she said. "It sounds like a pop record, but when I sing it, I see Edith Piaf in a spotlight with an old microphone."
In addition to revealing song titles, GaGa also assures fans there will be a diversity of sounds in the record, not just electro beat. "There are some very rock N roll moments on the album, too: There's a Bruce Springsteen vibe, there's a Guns N' Roses moment. It's the anthemic nature of the melodies and the choruses," she stated.
Overall, this new album "is much more vocally up to par with what I've always been capable of," GaGa went on. "It's more electronic, but I have married a very theatrical vocal to it. It's like a giant musical-opus theater piece," she gushed more.
Of the soon-to-be-released single which talks about gay rights, she said, "I wrote ['Born This Way'] in 10 f**king minutes. .. And it is a completely magical message song. And after I wrote it, the gates just opened, and the songs kept coming. It was like an immaculate conception."
GaGa has partnered with Target for an exclusive deluxe edition of "Born This Way" which includes three additional songs and five remixes. Fans can get access to a free download of her new song, beginning February 11 at 8 A.M. CST, if they pre-order the special package of the CD on the online retailer. The promotion will continue through Friday, February 26.
More Lady GaGa News
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending