The Best From 'American Idol' San Francisco Audition
San Francisco became the last "American Idol" audition round that will air on FOX this season. From this bay city where Adam Lambert auditioned, the judges found a variety of voices. Emily Anne Reed for one, is one of the most unique voices that Jennifer Lopez has heard in all the cities.
Reed lost her house to fire recently and hopes that "Idol" will turn her luck. Singing "You're Getting to Be a Habit With Me", she has the sweet oldies voice that is so different that Randy Jackson put her through. Steven Tyler thought the voice was indeed nice but the melody was not, so he said "not yet". Lopez, who held the key decision, gave her one more chance and to Hollywood she goes.
Somewhere in the middle, Stefano Langone charmed Jennifer with his look and voice. The Kent, Washington native survived a freak accident that almost took his life. He was told never to walk again but he went through it within four months. He sang "Heard It Through the Grapevine" and Jennifer said, "I think you have real star quality."
The last act of the day was reserved for James Durbin, who like many people coming to this show, is driven by a past tragedy. His father OD'd when he was only 9 and James was later diagnosed with Tourettes and Asperger's that make him a high-functioning autistic. His rendition of "You Shook Me" blew the judges away.
He later sang another song, "Dream On", and had Randy saying "crazy" a lot of times. Jennifer commented, "You sing from a very different place than a lot of the people we see. You sing from where you're supposed to sing from: from feeling, from heart, from your soul. From the need to feel and make others feel." James got three votes.
On top of these three, the judges admitted Brittany Mazur, Lara Johnston, Matthew Nuss, Julie Zorrilla and Inessa Lee among others. On Thursday, February 10 edition, the show will begin the Hollywood Week which can be nerve wrecking for the weak ones.
More American Idol News
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung
- 'Supergirl': Get First Look at General Zod in Set Photos and Video
- Desperate Tyga to Use Son King Cairo to Get Back With Kylie Jenner
- Beyonce's Pic of Ordering Food Sparks Funny Twitter Reactions
- 'Cars 3' New Trailer Sees Lightning McQueen's Emotional Crisis