2011 SAG Awards Winners: Betty White and 'Modern Family'
Screen Actors Guild Awards handed out the Best Actress in Comedy category to Betty White. Not counting last year's lifetime achievement honor, this is the first SAG for the 89-year-old. "We (the cast of Hot in Cleveland) fell in love the first day we worked together," White who plays a sassy housekeeper on the TV Land's comedy said. She cracked a joke, "You didn't applaud when I turned 40."
White's win was the first genuine surprise at the Sunday, January 30 event. She beat favorite-to-win such as Jane Lynch of "Glee" and Sofia Vergara of "Modern Family" but "Modern" got its revenge right after. The ABC comedy was named Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series. Ed O'Neill chose to deliver the speech and he kept it short, saying, "This is one that I think we all wanted."
"Glee", which had its glory at Golden Globes earlier this month, officially is not getting some love from SAG. Earlier that night, Alec Baldwin from "30 Rock" beat Chris Colfer in the race for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series.
Over in the drama category, "Boardwalk Empire" was the clear winner. Beside named Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series, the HBO show also delivered victory for its leading star Steve Buscemi. The other drama acting nod went to Julianna Margulies of "The Good Wife".
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body