2011 SAG Awards Winners: Betty White and 'Modern Family'
Screen Actors Guild Awards handed out the Best Actress in Comedy category to Betty White. Not counting last year's lifetime achievement honor, this is the first SAG for the 89-year-old. "We (the cast of Hot in Cleveland) fell in love the first day we worked together," White who plays a sassy housekeeper on the TV Land's comedy said. She cracked a joke, "You didn't applaud when I turned 40."
White's win was the first genuine surprise at the Sunday, January 30 event. She beat favorite-to-win such as Jane Lynch of "Glee" and Sofia Vergara of "Modern Family" but "Modern" got its revenge right after. The ABC comedy was named Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series. Ed O'Neill chose to deliver the speech and he kept it short, saying, "This is one that I think we all wanted."
"Glee", which had its glory at Golden Globes earlier this month, officially is not getting some love from SAG. Earlier that night, Alec Baldwin from "30 Rock" beat Chris Colfer in the race for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series.
Over in the drama category, "Boardwalk Empire" was the clear winner. Beside named Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series, the HBO show also delivered victory for its leading star Steve Buscemi. The other drama acting nod went to Julianna Margulies of "The Good Wife".
- Henry Cavill Addresses 'Justice League' 'Mustache Fiasco' With Hilarious Instagram Post
- Was '4:44' Album Title Inspired by Jay-Z and Solange's Elevator Fight?
- Sean Spicer Eyed for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 25
- Paris Hilton Poses Half-Naked in Her Panties. See the Sexy Pic!
- Jennifer Aniston 'Humiliates' Jason Bateman at His Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony
- Warwick Davis Lands Role in 'Star Wars' Han Solo Movie
- Angelina Jolie Dishes on Brad Pitt Divorce and Bell's Palsy Diagnosis in New Honest Interview
- 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow': Find Out Who Will Play Season 3 Villain Kuasa