Charlie Sheen Hospitalized Because He Laughed Too Hard
After all sorts of wrong reporting out there, it is eventually revealed that Charlie Sheen was hospitalized for hiatal hernia. The actor was suffering intense abdominal pain when admitted to Cedars-Sinai Hospital on Thursday, January 27 morning, but he did not have an overdose like TMZ's source said initially.
Emergency services arrived at the "Two and a Half Men" star's house after a 911 call. He was brought out on a stretcher and reportedly covered parts of his face with a towel. Sheen was rushed to the Emergency Room and two young women left his house minutes after that.
Hiatal hernia, which causes acid and food to back up into the esophagus, has been Sheen's problem for years. He is to stay overnight at the hospital and may undergo surgery on Friday morning.
While some said it's "serious", Sheen's friend Steve Brodersena told Extra that the actor said from hospital bed, "I am not dying," when Brodersena called to check on him. The pal added hernia injury that Sheen sustained earlier worsened and became too painful because Sheen laughed too hard while watching TV.
Sheen's ex Denise Richards reportedly arrived at the hospital that day looking upset. "She had her hair down and looked very pretty, but she wasn't wearing makeup and she looked tired and drawn," an onlooker told Us. "Her eyes look like she's been crying." Sheen's father Martin Sheen was also there later in the afternoon.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie