Charlie Sheen Hospitalized Because He Laughed Too Hard
After all sorts of wrong reporting out there, it is eventually revealed that Charlie Sheen was hospitalized for hiatal hernia. The actor was suffering intense abdominal pain when admitted to Cedars-Sinai Hospital on Thursday, January 27 morning, but he did not have an overdose like TMZ's source said initially.
Emergency services arrived at the "Two and a Half Men" star's house after a 911 call. He was brought out on a stretcher and reportedly covered parts of his face with a towel. Sheen was rushed to the Emergency Room and two young women left his house minutes after that.
Hiatal hernia, which causes acid and food to back up into the esophagus, has been Sheen's problem for years. He is to stay overnight at the hospital and may undergo surgery on Friday morning.
While some said it's "serious", Sheen's friend Steve Brodersena told Extra that the actor said from hospital bed, "I am not dying," when Brodersena called to check on him. The pal added hernia injury that Sheen sustained earlier worsened and became too painful because Sheen laughed too hard while watching TV.
Sheen's ex Denise Richards reportedly arrived at the hospital that day looking upset. "She had her hair down and looked very pretty, but she wasn't wearing makeup and she looked tired and drawn," an onlooker told Us. "Her eyes look like she's been crying." Sheen's father Martin Sheen was also there later in the afternoon.
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary