Skeet Ulrich's Departure From 'Law & Order: L.A.' Explained
Skeet Ulrich is the latest name in the cast changes of "Law & Order: Los Angeles". Following Regina Hall and Megan Boone's departure, the actor who plays Detective Rex Winters will be leaving the show as part of creative process. Ulrich was the first confirmed actor in the "Law & Order" spin-off when the project was announced mid-2010.
"Law & Order" chief Dick Wolf has two reasons to take Ulrich out of the picture and they are Alfred Molina and Terrence Howard. "We have the fortune of two world-class actors ...and it was frustrating to have one on the bench each week," Wolf said in a statement. "It would be like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady as your quarterbacks, playing alternate games."
In order to do that, they would alter the story a bit and make Molina's deputy district attorney Ricardo Morales a detective. According to some reports, there will be a back story of Morales as a former policeman who moved on to the district attorney's office. Some unhappy events will lead him back to police work. Molina will now be Corey Stoll's partner.
Meanwhile Howard, who traded episodes with Molina as deputy district attorney Jonah Dekker, will now appear in every episode. The show is now filming its 12th episode and Ulrich will depart after episode 14.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season