Skeet Ulrich's Departure From 'Law & Order: L.A.' Explained
Skeet Ulrich is the latest name in the cast changes of "Law & Order: Los Angeles". Following Regina Hall and Megan Boone's departure, the actor who plays Detective Rex Winters will be leaving the show as part of creative process. Ulrich was the first confirmed actor in the "Law & Order" spin-off when the project was announced mid-2010.
"Law & Order" chief Dick Wolf has two reasons to take Ulrich out of the picture and they are Alfred Molina and Terrence Howard. "We have the fortune of two world-class actors ...and it was frustrating to have one on the bench each week," Wolf said in a statement. "It would be like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady as your quarterbacks, playing alternate games."
In order to do that, they would alter the story a bit and make Molina's deputy district attorney Ricardo Morales a detective. According to some reports, there will be a back story of Morales as a former policeman who moved on to the district attorney's office. Some unhappy events will lead him back to police work. Molina will now be Corey Stoll's partner.
Meanwhile Howard, who traded episodes with Molina as deputy district attorney Jonah Dekker, will now appear in every episode. The show is now filming its 12th episode and Ulrich will depart after episode 14.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards