Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal Split, Reasons Revealed
Taylor Swift is undoubtedly one of today's biggest stars but she is still unlucky in love. Recently getting a lot of attention for her romance with Jake Gyllenhaal, the singer is single again in early 2011 as sources say she and the actor called it quits just before New Year's Eve.
While representatives for both stars refuse to comment on the report, a source reveals that it was Jake who first thought that they could not be together anymore. "Jake reached out to her and started all of this, but now he's not acting as interested," the source tells Us Weekly.
"He said he wasn't feeling it anymore and was uncomfortable with all the attention they got," the source adds. "He also said he could feel the age difference. Taylor is really upset. We told her not to move so fast with this but she didn't listen."
An insider close to the "Brothers" actor adds, "Jake cares about her, but [the publicity] was a lot for him. He wants to keep his private life private, and that's hard to do dating Taylor."
The couple, who was first reported dating in October last year, has since spent their holidays apart. Taylor rang in 2011 in Nashville while Jake was in New York. They were last seen hanging out together on December 9 in Los Angeles.
More Taylor Swift News
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell