Jazmine Sullivan Announces Music Retirement and Then Retracts It
Jazmine Sullivan is vying for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance at this year's Grammy Awards. But a month before the event, she stunned her fans by announcing that she decided to quit music. "I'm making an official announcement that i am taking a break from music. i'm trying to figure out who i am... w/out a mike, paper or pen," she began.
"I promised myself that when it wasn't fun anymore i wouldn't do it. and here i am. i'm not saying i wont ever sing again in my life becuz i dont believe that. but in this moment... rt now... i got some things to figure out," she went on explaining her retirement decision before thanking fans for their support. "I love you all and appreciate u soooooo much."
"U have no idea how much u've inspired me and fed my ego. but the truth is that i have to believe in me whether you all do or not. and thats what i'm lookin for. that belief in myself. me. I. i love us. thanks for being here for me and riding with me on this journey. let us continue."
The Grammy-nominated singer came back on the micro-blogging site a day later, deleting the retirement announcement. Knowing that many of her fans were concerned about her, she assured them she's fine, "Just switching things up a bit till i get it right. now kanye... thats who we should have a prayer circle for. Lolol."
At almost the same time, Sullivan's never-heard-before song called "I'm Not a Robot " came out, featuring her venting on her frustration and distress. "I gotta get out of this program and find out who I really am, I'm not a robot," she sings in the track which is claimed to be one of her unreleased materials.
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak