Jazmine Sullivan Announces Music Retirement and Then Retracts It
Jazmine Sullivan is vying for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance at this year's Grammy Awards. But a month before the event, she stunned her fans by announcing that she decided to quit music. "I'm making an official announcement that i am taking a break from music. i'm trying to figure out who i am... w/out a mike, paper or pen," she began.
"I promised myself that when it wasn't fun anymore i wouldn't do it. and here i am. i'm not saying i wont ever sing again in my life becuz i dont believe that. but in this moment... rt now... i got some things to figure out," she went on explaining her retirement decision before thanking fans for their support. "I love you all and appreciate u soooooo much."
"U have no idea how much u've inspired me and fed my ego. but the truth is that i have to believe in me whether you all do or not. and thats what i'm lookin for. that belief in myself. me. I. i love us. thanks for being here for me and riding with me on this journey. let us continue."
The Grammy-nominated singer came back on the micro-blogging site a day later, deleting the retirement announcement. Knowing that many of her fans were concerned about her, she assured them she's fine, "Just switching things up a bit till i get it right. now kanye... thats who we should have a prayer circle for. Lolol."
At almost the same time, Sullivan's never-heard-before song called "I'm Not a Robot " came out, featuring her venting on her frustration and distress. "I gotta get out of this program and find out who I really am, I'm not a robot," she sings in the track which is claimed to be one of her unreleased materials.
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'