Pics: Snooki's New Year Bash Moved to Jersey Shore
"MTV New Year's Bash" featuring Snooki dropped in a giant ball is no longer held at Times Square. It has been moved to Seaside Heights, New Jersey where "Jersey Shore" was shooting for two seasons. The time meanwhile remains intact, beginning at 10.30 P.M. EST on December 31.
The move was made after the organizers at Times Square objected with the stunt they would perform at the outdoor venue at such sudden notice. Seaside Heights borough clerk Diane Stabley told EW that MTV applied for the permission on Wednesday, December 29. "The request to have her in a separate ball on a set-back roof came too late and was too impractical to fit in to our outdoor events," the organizers released a statement.
But all is well since the plan is to go on in Jersey. "We love our Times Square home and while we're disappointed there won't be a Snooki ball drop there, she cannot be denied!" MTV said in a statement. "So we're taking a road trip to the place where it all began, Seaside Heights, and droppin' it all there."
The New Year celebration will be aired live and hosted by comedian Whitney Cummings. It features a number of other celebrities including Flo Rida who would perform two pieces. The grand stage and the giant ball have already been set up at Seaside Heights on Thursday.
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors