Nona Sivley Named 'Hell's Kitchen' Winner, Competitor Unhappy
Gordon Ramsay has picked the new winner of "Hell's Kitchen". Nona Sivley, a mother of one from Texas, won over Russell Kook in the one-hour finale to cook a five-course meal judged by Los Angeles' notable foodies.
Sivley created a Southern-inspired menu and impressed the judges. She was the contestant whose door was unlocked, allowing her to walk through to a podium filled cheering crowd including her husband and son. As the winner of eighth season, Sivley is to take the head chef position at LA Market in the JW Marriott Hotel in Los Angeles. Plus, she would be the official spokesperson of Rosemount Estate Wines.
"I fought and I fought and I fought, and this is so amazing," Sivley said. "I am so thankful. This was a huge sacrifice, missing my son's first birthday, missing his first steps. But it was absolutely worth it to make his life better."
She said before the finale that her motivation to join the competition is to provide a better future for her family. "My dream would be to set up a college fund for my son, so he wouldn't have to worry about coming up with the money for school or end up in debt," she said.
Kook is not happy with Sivley's victory. He blamed his team for not being effective, even believing in a sabotage. "I'm not happy at all," he said in the exit interview when he did not blurt out profanity.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic