Nona Sivley Named 'Hell's Kitchen' Winner, Competitor Unhappy
Gordon Ramsay has picked the new winner of "Hell's Kitchen". Nona Sivley, a mother of one from Texas, won over Russell Kook in the one-hour finale to cook a five-course meal judged by Los Angeles' notable foodies.
Sivley created a Southern-inspired menu and impressed the judges. She was the contestant whose door was unlocked, allowing her to walk through to a podium filled cheering crowd including her husband and son. As the winner of eighth season, Sivley is to take the head chef position at LA Market in the JW Marriott Hotel in Los Angeles. Plus, she would be the official spokesperson of Rosemount Estate Wines.
"I fought and I fought and I fought, and this is so amazing," Sivley said. "I am so thankful. This was a huge sacrifice, missing my son's first birthday, missing his first steps. But it was absolutely worth it to make his life better."
She said before the finale that her motivation to join the competition is to provide a better future for her family. "My dream would be to set up a college fund for my son, so he wouldn't have to worry about coming up with the money for school or end up in debt," she said.
Kook is not happy with Sivley's victory. He blamed his team for not being effective, even believing in a sabotage. "I'm not happy at all," he said in the exit interview when he did not blurt out profanity.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest