'The X Factor' Ends With Double Elimination
Katie Waissel's luck has run out. "The X Factor" contestant, who forgot her lyrics in the audition round and survived four times in the bottom position, was axed on Sunday, November 28 due to receiving the lowest amount of votes from the audience. "I just feel so grateful to have got this far," the 24-year-old said.
Since it was a double elimination night, there was another act sent home. Wagner Carrilho faced a sing-off with Mary Byrne but the judges, even his mentor Louis Walsh, decided to send him home. "Why I am happy with the decision is because there were people out there trying to derail this show for different reasons and what has happened tonight is that we have put this show back in the hands of the public," Simon Cowell said.
Louis, who had to make the call said, "Mary this is your life, so the act I am choosing to send home tonight is Wagner." Meanwhile, Cheryl Cole whom Wagner angered with his comment that she is "just a girl from a council estate who got lucky", bid her goodbye, saying "Wagner I know me and you haven't always seen eye to eye. But you have been a gracious man and apologized to me and I accept that."
The result show saw the performance of guests such as Nicole Scherzinger, Justin Bieber and The Wanted. Bieber who sang a medley of "Somebody to Love" and "Baby" said after the gig, "I wasn't that nervous. I was pretty cool, pretty calm, pretty collected." He went on teasing Cheryl, "I want to say hello to Cheryl Cole, hello." The judge laughed and looked a little embarrassed.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen