'Transformers 3' Gets Problem With 3-D Footage
The idea to add 3-D technology to the next "Transformers" film is teasing, but it gives an extra homework to Michael Bay. Rumor has it, the helmer is having problem with some scenes of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" which are shot using 3-D camera.
" 'Avatar' set the standard very high for 3-D films and even though some of the best people in the 3-D business were brought aboard for TF3 but with Michael's quick, aggressive style of shooting without any real past experience has caused hiccups," an insider tells IESB. The helmer is reportedly trying to salvage the footage that was shot, but still the insider claims, "The 3-D looks like shit and we don't know if we will be able to use all of it the way it is."
Though so, there is reportedly no plan to reshoot the scenes. Instead, the footage that do not meet the standard that was expected are now in the hands of pros in the 3-D post production houses. This means the native 3-D footage will have to go through some of the same conversion techniques that are undergone by 2-D footage which are going to be converted into 3-D.
Still, there are allegedly positive things to be expected from "Transformers 3". Some sources have told IESB that the FX work is very good and that the plot is far better than "Transformers" and "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen".
"Transformers: Dark of the Moon" will have Shockwave as the major villain. Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson are some of the main cast returning to the third movie, while the newbies include Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Patrick Dempsey. The action sci-fi flick is due July 1, 2011 in the U.S.
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower