'Transformers 3' Gets Problem With 3-D Footage
The idea to add 3-D technology to the next "Transformers" film is teasing, but it gives an extra homework to Michael Bay. Rumor has it, the helmer is having problem with some scenes of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" which are shot using 3-D camera.
" 'Avatar' set the standard very high for 3-D films and even though some of the best people in the 3-D business were brought aboard for TF3 but with Michael's quick, aggressive style of shooting without any real past experience has caused hiccups," an insider tells IESB. The helmer is reportedly trying to salvage the footage that was shot, but still the insider claims, "The 3-D looks like shit and we don't know if we will be able to use all of it the way it is."
Though so, there is reportedly no plan to reshoot the scenes. Instead, the footage that do not meet the standard that was expected are now in the hands of pros in the 3-D post production houses. This means the native 3-D footage will have to go through some of the same conversion techniques that are undergone by 2-D footage which are going to be converted into 3-D.
Still, there are allegedly positive things to be expected from "Transformers 3". Some sources have told IESB that the FX work is very good and that the plot is far better than "Transformers" and "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen".
"Transformers: Dark of the Moon" will have Shockwave as the major villain. Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson are some of the main cast returning to the third movie, while the newbies include Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Patrick Dempsey. The action sci-fi flick is due July 1, 2011 in the U.S.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign