'Transformers 3' Gets Problem With 3-D Footage
The idea to add 3-D technology to the next "Transformers" film is teasing, but it gives an extra homework to Michael Bay. Rumor has it, the helmer is having problem with some scenes of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" which are shot using 3-D camera.
" 'Avatar' set the standard very high for 3-D films and even though some of the best people in the 3-D business were brought aboard for TF3 but with Michael's quick, aggressive style of shooting without any real past experience has caused hiccups," an insider tells IESB. The helmer is reportedly trying to salvage the footage that was shot, but still the insider claims, "The 3-D looks like shit and we don't know if we will be able to use all of it the way it is."
Though so, there is reportedly no plan to reshoot the scenes. Instead, the footage that do not meet the standard that was expected are now in the hands of pros in the 3-D post production houses. This means the native 3-D footage will have to go through some of the same conversion techniques that are undergone by 2-D footage which are going to be converted into 3-D.
Still, there are allegedly positive things to be expected from "Transformers 3". Some sources have told IESB that the FX work is very good and that the plot is far better than "Transformers" and "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen".
"Transformers: Dark of the Moon" will have Shockwave as the major villain. Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson are some of the main cast returning to the third movie, while the newbies include Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Patrick Dempsey. The action sci-fi flick is due July 1, 2011 in the U.S.
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016