Anna Faris NOT Starring in 'Ghostbusters 3'
"Ghostbusters 3" is not recruiting Anna Faris yet. After there was rumor that she will star in the film as a young Ghostbuster, the "Scary Movie" actress' representative has debunked the story, telling Entertainment Weekly that she has not joined the project.
The rumor started swirling around after Feature Film Auditions (FFA) put Faris' name among the cast ensemble of "Ghostbusters 3" in their article. What's Playing then tried to confirm the report to a source in Sony, but he was not sure either, replying "Dunno. First I've heard of it. Heard Will Forte's name mentioned and Bill Hader, but not Faris. I'm not in on all that though, so she could be; [Sony] does like her."
"Ghostbusters 3" has reportedly gotten a complete script written by Dan Akroyd. "A third film will happen and the wheels are in motion," the scribe said as quoted by Examiner, which also reported that "although several of the original Ghostbusters cast members will return to appear in the movie, the film will find the original team handing over the reins to younger replacements."
This third "Ghostbusters" film still has Ivan Reitman attached to direct and produce though there is still no official announcement about when the production will begin. Columbia Pictures has not announced release date for the sci-fi comedy.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'