Anna Faris NOT Starring in 'Ghostbusters 3'
"Ghostbusters 3" is not recruiting Anna Faris yet. After there was rumor that she will star in the film as a young Ghostbuster, the "Scary Movie" actress' representative has debunked the story, telling Entertainment Weekly that she has not joined the project.
The rumor started swirling around after Feature Film Auditions (FFA) put Faris' name among the cast ensemble of "Ghostbusters 3" in their article. What's Playing then tried to confirm the report to a source in Sony, but he was not sure either, replying "Dunno. First I've heard of it. Heard Will Forte's name mentioned and Bill Hader, but not Faris. I'm not in on all that though, so she could be; [Sony] does like her."
"Ghostbusters 3" has reportedly gotten a complete script written by Dan Akroyd. "A third film will happen and the wheels are in motion," the scribe said as quoted by Examiner, which also reported that "although several of the original Ghostbusters cast members will return to appear in the movie, the film will find the original team handing over the reins to younger replacements."
This third "Ghostbusters" film still has Ivan Reitman attached to direct and produce though there is still no official announcement about when the production will begin. Columbia Pictures has not announced release date for the sci-fi comedy.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt