Anna Faris NOT Starring in 'Ghostbusters 3'
"Ghostbusters 3" is not recruiting Anna Faris yet. After there was rumor that she will star in the film as a young Ghostbuster, the "Scary Movie" actress' representative has debunked the story, telling Entertainment Weekly that she has not joined the project.
The rumor started swirling around after Feature Film Auditions (FFA) put Faris' name among the cast ensemble of "Ghostbusters 3" in their article. What's Playing then tried to confirm the report to a source in Sony, but he was not sure either, replying "Dunno. First I've heard of it. Heard Will Forte's name mentioned and Bill Hader, but not Faris. I'm not in on all that though, so she could be; [Sony] does like her."
"Ghostbusters 3" has reportedly gotten a complete script written by Dan Akroyd. "A third film will happen and the wheels are in motion," the scribe said as quoted by Examiner, which also reported that "although several of the original Ghostbusters cast members will return to appear in the movie, the film will find the original team handing over the reins to younger replacements."
This third "Ghostbusters" film still has Ivan Reitman attached to direct and produce though there is still no official announcement about when the production will begin. Columbia Pictures has not announced release date for the sci-fi comedy.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences