'The X Factor (US)' Drops Its First Promo
The first real thing that comes out of "The X Factor (US)" is a teaser trailer which still hides the judges. The short promo from FOX only intends to remind viewers that the singing competition show from U.K. is coming to America in Fall 2011.
"The X Factor" is the brainchild of Simon Cowell who quit "American Idol" earlier this year to concentrate on developing the U.S. version. While "Idol" searches for solo singers with youth quality, "X Factor" allows a wider range of singing talents such as groups or duos from age 14 and above.
Rumors have been swirling as of who will accompany Cowell on the judges seat. It was said that Cheryl Cole from the U.K. version is touted to join him, but latest reports said the producer needed someone more well known Stateside than her. Nicole Scherzinger and Mariah Carey's names then surfaced but none is confirmed yet. "Okay, one of the judges has quite long hair," Cowell hinted to Extra.
Being pressed about the details of his new show, Cowell said on Monday, November 22 that he's going to make an announcement "within three or four weeks, which is going to tell everyone everything, there will be some surprises."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture