'The X Factor (US)' Drops Its First Promo
The first real thing that comes out of "The X Factor (US)" is a teaser trailer which still hides the judges. The short promo from FOX only intends to remind viewers that the singing competition show from U.K. is coming to America in Fall 2011.
"The X Factor" is the brainchild of Simon Cowell who quit "American Idol" earlier this year to concentrate on developing the U.S. version. While "Idol" searches for solo singers with youth quality, "X Factor" allows a wider range of singing talents such as groups or duos from age 14 and above.
Rumors have been swirling as of who will accompany Cowell on the judges seat. It was said that Cheryl Cole from the U.K. version is touted to join him, but latest reports said the producer needed someone more well known Stateside than her. Nicole Scherzinger and Mariah Carey's names then surfaced but none is confirmed yet. "Okay, one of the judges has quite long hair," Cowell hinted to Extra.
Being pressed about the details of his new show, Cowell said on Monday, November 22 that he's going to make an announcement "within three or four weeks, which is going to tell everyone everything, there will be some surprises."
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'