Yigit Pura Crowned First 'Top Chef: Just Desserts' Winner
On Wednesday, November 17 finale, three pastry chefs competed for the title of the first "Top Chef: Just Desserts" winner. After much tasting, observations and consideration, the judges thought that Yigit Pura, a 29-year-old Turkish-born chef from San Francisco, deserves the crown.
Pura along with Morgan Wilson and Danielle Keene were challenged to a four-course tasting menu and they were paired up with former contestants to feed 17 people. Yigit employed the concept of dating and romance, naming his courses "Gimlet", "Kisses in the Park", "Passion" and "Love".
The first one is a cucumber line sorbet with yogurt caviar, the second is strawberry sorbet with lime ice cream topped with lemongrass and ginger, the third is braised pineapple with coconut spongecake and coconut lime soup while the last one is hazelnut dacquese with milk chocolate, milk jam and salted caramel ice cream.
Judges called Yigit's cake "brilliant" and host Gail Simmons even said she wanted to take a bath in his mousse and candy. The chef bowed to his knees when his name was called as the winner. "This is the most spectacular feeling in the world, there's no other words to describe it," he said. "I can't even begin to fathom how it's going to change my career."
As a winner, he is awarded $100,000, a spread in Food & Wine magazine, a 2011 Buick Regal and a showcase at the Pebble Beach Food & Wine Festival. Morgan who lost to Yigit sent a happy thought, saying "I'm extremely proud of Yigit winning. There's no one else in this competition I would feel better about losing to."
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character