Katie Waissel Saved From 'X Factor' Elimination Again
Famous before winning, Katie Waissel dodges another elimination this week on "The X Factor" when the voting result revealed that the public still wants to see her another week. Waissel's stay means Aiden Grimshaw has to leave the competition after a head-to-head sing-off.
For two weeks in a row, Waissel was placed in the bottom two along with Belle Amie and Treyc Cohen respectively but she controversially survived though she often went off-key and forgot the lyrics of the song. This week's bottom two position is her fourth in the competition.
The judges were equally divided between Waissel and Grimshaw with Cheryl Cole defending Waissel as her own apprentice and Simon Cowell not giving any reason for his choice. Louis Walsh backed up Dannii Minogue's apprentice, saying Grimshaw has more potential than Waissel.
When host Dermot O'Leary revealed that Grimshaw is the one leaving, Waissel clutched her head in awe. "I'm really grateful people kept me in. I'm surprised - I've been in the bottom two a lot now," she said. "Then there were people out there who see me for who I am, and I want to thank them."
Meanwhile, Grimshaw was looking visibly upset, telling the crowd "You win some, you lose some." When asked by O'Leary what he would do next, he answered shortly, "Have a beer." Minogue later wrote on Twitter, "My utmost respect to Aiden. I have loved working with him on 'X Factor'. TeamMinogue will miss him I and wish him the VERY BEST! Dx."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked