Katie Waissel Saved From 'X Factor' Elimination Again
Famous before winning, Katie Waissel dodges another elimination this week on "The X Factor" when the voting result revealed that the public still wants to see her another week. Waissel's stay means Aiden Grimshaw has to leave the competition after a head-to-head sing-off.
For two weeks in a row, Waissel was placed in the bottom two along with Belle Amie and Treyc Cohen respectively but she controversially survived though she often went off-key and forgot the lyrics of the song. This week's bottom two position is her fourth in the competition.
The judges were equally divided between Waissel and Grimshaw with Cheryl Cole defending Waissel as her own apprentice and Simon Cowell not giving any reason for his choice. Louis Walsh backed up Dannii Minogue's apprentice, saying Grimshaw has more potential than Waissel.
When host Dermot O'Leary revealed that Grimshaw is the one leaving, Waissel clutched her head in awe. "I'm really grateful people kept me in. I'm surprised - I've been in the bottom two a lot now," she said. "Then there were people out there who see me for who I am, and I want to thank them."
Meanwhile, Grimshaw was looking visibly upset, telling the crowd "You win some, you lose some." When asked by O'Leary what he would do next, he answered shortly, "Have a beer." Minogue later wrote on Twitter, "My utmost respect to Aiden. I have loved working with him on 'X Factor'. TeamMinogue will miss him I and wish him the VERY BEST! Dx."
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch