Katie Waissel Saved From 'X Factor' Elimination Again
Famous before winning, Katie Waissel dodges another elimination this week on "The X Factor" when the voting result revealed that the public still wants to see her another week. Waissel's stay means Aiden Grimshaw has to leave the competition after a head-to-head sing-off.
For two weeks in a row, Waissel was placed in the bottom two along with Belle Amie and Treyc Cohen respectively but she controversially survived though she often went off-key and forgot the lyrics of the song. This week's bottom two position is her fourth in the competition.
The judges were equally divided between Waissel and Grimshaw with Cheryl Cole defending Waissel as her own apprentice and Simon Cowell not giving any reason for his choice. Louis Walsh backed up Dannii Minogue's apprentice, saying Grimshaw has more potential than Waissel.
When host Dermot O'Leary revealed that Grimshaw is the one leaving, Waissel clutched her head in awe. "I'm really grateful people kept me in. I'm surprised - I've been in the bottom two a lot now," she said. "Then there were people out there who see me for who I am, and I want to thank them."
Meanwhile, Grimshaw was looking visibly upset, telling the crowd "You win some, you lose some." When asked by O'Leary what he would do next, he answered shortly, "Have a beer." Minogue later wrote on Twitter, "My utmost respect to Aiden. I have loved working with him on 'X Factor'. TeamMinogue will miss him I and wish him the VERY BEST! Dx."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby