Avril Lavigne's New Album Was Delayed Due to 'Bureaucratic BS'
It's been three years since Avril Lavigne released her third studio album "The Best Damn Thing". Knowing that her fans "have been waiting for a long time," the 26-year-old pop/rock singer explained what delayed her fourth effort from being released.
"I'm done with my 4th record!!! Well, actually I have been done for a year... and now my record company have finally decided to release it. OMG..How nice! Thanks guys," she wrote in an open letter to her fans. "I have been dying to get back out on the road and do what I love the most... PLAY MUSIC."
Before she got the approval, her road was not always smooth though. She slammed people from her label, "This has been a really difficult record for me to create and to release. Not only is this the most meaningful and special record I have written, it is sincere, honest and close to my heart. But for the first time I experienced a bunch of bureaucratic BS."
"People do their best work when they are doing what they want, love and is natural for them, not when you are forcing them to be something that they are not," she stated further. "From the beginning of my career my message has always been to be yourself and stand up for what you believe in. Follow your heart."
While she remains secretive about the album title and release date, Avril did mention about the lead single which music video will be shot "in 2 weeks and will be out in January." She revealed, "My first single off this record is called: 'What The Hell'. This song is the least personal song to me off this album. It's a fun and funny anthem. It has a broad message about personal freedom. It is the most pop track on the record."
More Avril Lavigne News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent