'Dancing with the Stars' Getting Ready for Same-Sex Couple
After the Israel version of "Dancing with the Stars" paired two women in the competition, the U.S. version is inspired to do the same. The support comes from judge Carrie Ann Inaba as well as one of the most famous openly gay celebrities out there, Portia de Rossi.
When asked whether same-sex couple would materialize, Carrie told People, "I would love it. I fully support that and I think America is ready for that. Our country is much more accepting of same sex couples and it would be great for the show to reflect that."
The first celebrity that came to the bosses' mind is Ellen DeGeneres' wife. Ryan Seacrest talked to Portia on his radio show and said, "They're planning to feature a same-sex couple. You're at the top of the list." Portia was startled and replied, "Goodness, you really do break news." But she is taking it into consideration. "I'm not gonna pass, let me think about it," she told Ryan. "I used to be a ballet dancer, it's not completely a pass. You never know."
Carrie herself is pro the idea of having Portia although she has no knowledge whether it can come true or not. "I don't cast the show," she said, "but I think it would be great and I'd show up in my rainbow colors and fully support it."
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles