'Dancing with the Stars' Getting Ready for Same-Sex Couple
After the Israel version of "Dancing with the Stars" paired two women in the competition, the U.S. version is inspired to do the same. The support comes from judge Carrie Ann Inaba as well as one of the most famous openly gay celebrities out there, Portia de Rossi.
When asked whether same-sex couple would materialize, Carrie told People, "I would love it. I fully support that and I think America is ready for that. Our country is much more accepting of same sex couples and it would be great for the show to reflect that."
The first celebrity that came to the bosses' mind is Ellen DeGeneres' wife. Ryan Seacrest talked to Portia on his radio show and said, "They're planning to feature a same-sex couple. You're at the top of the list." Portia was startled and replied, "Goodness, you really do break news." But she is taking it into consideration. "I'm not gonna pass, let me think about it," she told Ryan. "I used to be a ballet dancer, it's not completely a pass. You never know."
Carrie herself is pro the idea of having Portia although she has no knowledge whether it can come true or not. "I don't cast the show," she said, "but I think it would be great and I'd show up in my rainbow colors and fully support it."
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris