2010 CMA Awards: Gwyneth Paltrow Gets Standing Applause for Her Performance
One of the much anticipated performances at this year's CMA Awards was probably Gwyneth Paltrow's first ever gig. The "Country Strong" star was there to promote the upcoming film, teaming up with Vince Gill and making a duet in the title track of the movie soundtrack.
Strapping a guitar and strumming some riffs, the wife of Coldplay's Chris Martin belted out her "country twangs" in a pretty confident way. Paltrow, wearing a little black dress and heeled ankle boots, did struggle on a couple of notes but managed to deliver her whole set quite well.
As soon as her "Country Strong" performance was over, the attendees including fellow actress Nicole Kidman and her husband Keith Urban rose from the seat, giving her standing applause. She smiled broadly in return to the crowd approval.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance