Darren Criss In Talks to Become 'Glee' Regular
Darren Criss fits in the frame so well that "Glee" bosses are thinking of promoting him. Criss plays another gay character on the musical series and his debut on November 9 episode impressed a lot of people. He is now reportedly in talks to become a regular.
Criss' Blaine was initially set for a recurring character this season because creator Ryan Murphy wanted to do Chris Colfer's Kurt a justice by giving him a love interest. Deadline said that the promotion is likely to kick start the third season which has been confirmed by FOX.
For Criss, this would be his first big role on television yet. He was last seen as Josh Burton on the now-dead "Eastwick" and as a guest character on "Criminal Minds". He came into light when he starred on YouTube viral hit "A Very Potter Musical".
Darren Criss performing "Teenage Dream" as Blaine:
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story