Confirmed: Thirteen Is Coming Back to 'House M.D.' This Season
Olivia Wilde confirms that Thirteen is coming back to "House M.D." and fans would not have to wait too long. She confirmed to EW that a storyline to bring Thirteen back to Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital is in the works and would be materialized later this season.
"I am coming back to House. This season, as a matter of fact. It is a done deal," Wilde told EW while attending the 19th Annual BAFTA LA Britannia Awards in Los Angeles. "I have been really lucky this year to be offered all these great film opportunities and I was also blessed to have a job in TV that really worked with me to get me to a place where I could do those films and not miss those opportunities like 'Tron'."
Wilde took a leave of absence from the medical drama earlier this season in order to commit her time also to "Cowboys and Aliens". Her character meanwhile also took a leave from the diagnosis department under mysterious circumstances at the beginning of the season. Cuddy has since ordered House to hire a new female member in the male-dominated team, and that's when Amber Tamblyn is tapped to portray Dr. Martha Masters.
"They have it all worked out and the viewers will find out where she went and why she left," Wilde explained. "I think it is an interesting progression for her. Thirteen has been through a lot so it has to be escalated. She has Huntington's. She had a brain tumor and went blind. She had a bad breakup. She's sexually ambiguous. She had problems with drugs. I thought, 'What else can (creator) David Shore possibly come up with?' They had to take it to a whole new level. They are really taking some big risks this year, which is exciting."
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video