Lil Wayne Banned From Consuming Alcohol for Three Years
Lil Wayne must stay sober for the next three years. According to Arizona probation documents obtained by TMZ, the "Lollipop" hitmaker is banned from consuming alcohol. The documents became effective on Friday, November 5.
The papers mentioned that for the next 36 months, Weezy "may not consume or drink any substance containing alcohol" under the provisions of his probation. The 28-year-old rapper cannot posses illegal drugs, toxic vapors or controlled substances and he is also ordered to submit to drug and alcohol testing, per the probation department.
In addition to staying clean, Weezy is prohibited from knowingly consorting with any individual engaged in criminal activity or any person who has a criminal record without prior written approval from the probation department. Weezy must not violate any term of the probation or he will face another jail time.
Weezy was released from New York's Rikers Island jail on Thursday, November 4. He served time behind bars since March 8. Weezy's Arizona attorney, James Tilson, told MTV News of the star's probation, "Even though it's treated as a felony while he's on probation, if he completes his probation without any violations, the offense will be redesignated as a misdemeanor."
More Lil Wayne News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism