Lil Wayne Banned From Consuming Alcohol for Three Years
Lil Wayne must stay sober for the next three years. According to Arizona probation documents obtained by TMZ, the "Lollipop" hitmaker is banned from consuming alcohol. The documents became effective on Friday, November 5.
The papers mentioned that for the next 36 months, Weezy "may not consume or drink any substance containing alcohol" under the provisions of his probation. The 28-year-old rapper cannot posses illegal drugs, toxic vapors or controlled substances and he is also ordered to submit to drug and alcohol testing, per the probation department.
In addition to staying clean, Weezy is prohibited from knowingly consorting with any individual engaged in criminal activity or any person who has a criminal record without prior written approval from the probation department. Weezy must not violate any term of the probation or he will face another jail time.
Weezy was released from New York's Rikers Island jail on Thursday, November 4. He served time behind bars since March 8. Weezy's Arizona attorney, James Tilson, told MTV News of the star's probation, "Even though it's treated as a felony while he's on probation, if he completes his probation without any violations, the offense will be redesignated as a misdemeanor."
More Lil Wayne News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says