Lil Wayne Is Released From Jail, Already Drops First Tweet
Rapper Lil Wayne is now a free man. The "Lollipop" hitmaker was released from New York's Rikers Island jail on Thursday, November 4 and he has already dropped his first tweet following the release, writing "aaaaaaahhhhhhmmmmm baaaaakkkkkkkkkk."
Weezy had served his time in the facility since March 8 following his conviction on weapon possession charges stemming from 2007 arrest. In October 2009, the rapper pleaded guilty, admitting he had a loaded, semi-automatic .40-caliber gun on his bus after a Manhattan concert. He was initially sentenced to a year behind bars but released early due to good behavior.
And Weezy apparently takes the good habit outside the prison. President of Young Money and Weezy's childhood friend, Mack Maine, told MTV that Weezy has changed. "As far as a change, he's reading more. Before, he didn't really read a lot. He would rather watch it on a movie or something or watch it on television," Maine said.
Maine further revealed that the prison time has changed Weezy's aversion to writing his lyrics on paper as well. "He's writing. He's writing music now. Everyone knows that Wayne didn't write before he went in. (He's been) incarcerated for eight months. You can't remember eight months of material up top," Maine explained.
In earlier interview Maine told the site that a major party has been planned to celebrate Weezy's freedom. Of the bash, which is set in Miami on Sunday, November 7, Maine said, "It's gonna be crazy. We have a private party first and then we going to King of Diamonds after, which is a strip club. It's going to be crazy, it's going to be real elegant, extravagant."
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues