Lil Wayne Is Released From Jail, Already Drops First Tweet
Rapper Lil Wayne is now a free man. The "Lollipop" hitmaker was released from New York's Rikers Island jail on Thursday, November 4 and he has already dropped his first tweet following the release, writing "aaaaaaahhhhhhmmmmm baaaaakkkkkkkkkk."
Weezy had served his time in the facility since March 8 following his conviction on weapon possession charges stemming from 2007 arrest. In October 2009, the rapper pleaded guilty, admitting he had a loaded, semi-automatic .40-caliber gun on his bus after a Manhattan concert. He was initially sentenced to a year behind bars but released early due to good behavior.
And Weezy apparently takes the good habit outside the prison. President of Young Money and Weezy's childhood friend, Mack Maine, told MTV that Weezy has changed. "As far as a change, he's reading more. Before, he didn't really read a lot. He would rather watch it on a movie or something or watch it on television," Maine said.
Maine further revealed that the prison time has changed Weezy's aversion to writing his lyrics on paper as well. "He's writing. He's writing music now. Everyone knows that Wayne didn't write before he went in. (He's been) incarcerated for eight months. You can't remember eight months of material up top," Maine explained.
In earlier interview Maine told the site that a major party has been planned to celebrate Weezy's freedom. Of the bash, which is set in Miami on Sunday, November 7, Maine said, "It's gonna be crazy. We have a private party first and then we going to King of Diamonds after, which is a strip club. It's going to be crazy, it's going to be real elegant, extravagant."
More Lil Wayne News
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist