Miley Cyrus' Parents, Billy and Tish, File for Divorce
Miley Cyrus' parents, country music singer Billy Ray Cyrus and Leticia "Tish" Cyrus, will officially end their 17 years of marriage. Billy, who is listed as the plaintiff, filed for divorce from Tish in Williamson Country Chancery Court, Tennessee on Tuesday, October 26, Us Magazine reported.
In the documents, Billy cited "irreconcilable differences" and is seeking for shared custody of their three minor kids. Furthermore, the "You Won't Be Lonely" singer is requesting the court to "approve a parenting plan" to be signed by both him and Tish and to make an "equitable distribution of the marital estate."
Billy and Tish have since released a joint statement over the separation. "As you can imagine, this is a very difficult time for our family," the statement read. "We are trying to work through some personal matters. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers."
While in the statement Billy and Tish didn't explain about the reason of their divorce, a source close to them told E! Online, "It was a long time coming. It is the best thing for both of them."
Billy Ray Cyrus and Leticia "Tish" Cyrus wed on December 28, 1992. They have three children, 17-year-old Miley Cyrus (born Destiny Hope), 16-year-old Braison Chance and 10-year-old Noah Lindsey Cyrus. Billy also has two stepkids, Trace Cyrus and Brandi, as well as son Christopher Cody from his previous relationship.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says