Miley Cyrus' Parents, Billy and Tish, File for Divorce
Miley Cyrus' parents, country music singer Billy Ray Cyrus and Leticia "Tish" Cyrus, will officially end their 17 years of marriage. Billy, who is listed as the plaintiff, filed for divorce from Tish in Williamson Country Chancery Court, Tennessee on Tuesday, October 26, Us Magazine reported.
In the documents, Billy cited "irreconcilable differences" and is seeking for shared custody of their three minor kids. Furthermore, the "You Won't Be Lonely" singer is requesting the court to "approve a parenting plan" to be signed by both him and Tish and to make an "equitable distribution of the marital estate."
Billy and Tish have since released a joint statement over the separation. "As you can imagine, this is a very difficult time for our family," the statement read. "We are trying to work through some personal matters. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers."
While in the statement Billy and Tish didn't explain about the reason of their divorce, a source close to them told E! Online, "It was a long time coming. It is the best thing for both of them."
Billy Ray Cyrus and Leticia "Tish" Cyrus wed on December 28, 1992. They have three children, 17-year-old Miley Cyrus (born Destiny Hope), 16-year-old Braison Chance and 10-year-old Noah Lindsey Cyrus. Billy also has two stepkids, Trace Cyrus and Brandi, as well as son Christopher Cody from his previous relationship.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal