Casting News: 'Big Bang' Brings In Penny's Dad, 'Modern Family' Gets Hot Neighbor
Two casting news arrived at almost the same time. Penny on CBS' "The Big Bang Theory" will finally get a visit from her father while Mitchell and Cam on ABC's "Modern Family" will get a new neighbor.
Assigned to portray Penny's dad is Keith Carradine who made himself famous through his role on "Dexter" as Frank Lundy. EW which is first to report the casting heard from a source that this character would appear in a November episode but not much else is known. Penny once opened up to Leonard's psychiatrist mom that she was called a "slugger" because her father really wanted a son to play baseball with.
Over on "Modern Family", James Marsden aka the Cyclops in "X-Men" movies would go shirtless to play a neighbor of gay couple Cam and Mitch. TV Guide did not say anything else except that the character would cause "the boys' temperatures to rise every time he whips off his shirt".
"The Big Bang Theory" airs on CBS every Thursday at 8/7c while "Modern Family" airs on Wednesdays at 9/8c.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy