Casting News: 'Big Bang' Brings In Penny's Dad, 'Modern Family' Gets Hot Neighbor
Two casting news arrived at almost the same time. Penny on CBS' "The Big Bang Theory" will finally get a visit from her father while Mitchell and Cam on ABC's "Modern Family" will get a new neighbor.
Assigned to portray Penny's dad is Keith Carradine who made himself famous through his role on "Dexter" as Frank Lundy. EW which is first to report the casting heard from a source that this character would appear in a November episode but not much else is known. Penny once opened up to Leonard's psychiatrist mom that she was called a "slugger" because her father really wanted a son to play baseball with.
Over on "Modern Family", James Marsden aka the Cyclops in "X-Men" movies would go shirtless to play a neighbor of gay couple Cam and Mitch. TV Guide did not say anything else except that the character would cause "the boys' temperatures to rise every time he whips off his shirt".
"The Big Bang Theory" airs on CBS every Thursday at 8/7c while "Modern Family" airs on Wednesdays at 9/8c.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest