Casting News: 'Big Bang' Brings In Penny's Dad, 'Modern Family' Gets Hot Neighbor
Two casting news arrived at almost the same time. Penny on CBS' "The Big Bang Theory" will finally get a visit from her father while Mitchell and Cam on ABC's "Modern Family" will get a new neighbor.
Assigned to portray Penny's dad is Keith Carradine who made himself famous through his role on "Dexter" as Frank Lundy. EW which is first to report the casting heard from a source that this character would appear in a November episode but not much else is known. Penny once opened up to Leonard's psychiatrist mom that she was called a "slugger" because her father really wanted a son to play baseball with.
Over on "Modern Family", James Marsden aka the Cyclops in "X-Men" movies would go shirtless to play a neighbor of gay couple Cam and Mitch. TV Guide did not say anything else except that the character would cause "the boys' temperatures to rise every time he whips off his shirt".
"The Big Bang Theory" airs on CBS every Thursday at 8/7c while "Modern Family" airs on Wednesdays at 9/8c.
More The Big Bang Theory News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris