Celine Dion Gives Birth to Premature Twin Boys
Celine Dion is a proud mother for the second time. The Canadian singer delivered twin boys at St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Florida at 11:11 A.M. and 11:12 A.M. on Saturday, October 23, her rep confirmed to People.
One of Celine's newly-born sons weighed in at 5 lbs., 4 oz. while another boy weighed in at 5 lbs., 10 oz. The rep further shared that the singer, her husband Rene Angelil and their first son Rene Charles Angelil "are thrilled" about the new addition in their family.
Although the twins were born healthy, they still have to spend the next few days in incubator because they were born premature. As for the babies' names, the rep revealed that Celine and Rene will settle it later. "Celine is resting now and they plan to discuss what to name the boys when she wakes up," the rep explained. "Rene Charles has been to the hospital to visit his brothers and is just so excited they are here."
Beside Celine's rep, the "Power of Love" hitmaker's doctor, Ronald Ackerman, also shared the happy news through a press conference outside the hospital. The doctor revealed that the delivery, which was done via C-section, went as expected and the twin boys were both born with a good amount of hair.
Celine had been trying hard to conceive for the second time after giving birth to Rene Charles in January 2001. In early May this year, Celine finally confirmed that she was expecting the babies after having her sixth in vitro fertilization treatment as well as acupuncture.
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'