Celine Dion Gives Birth to Premature Twin Boys
Celine Dion is a proud mother for the second time. The Canadian singer delivered twin boys at St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Florida at 11:11 A.M. and 11:12 A.M. on Saturday, October 23, her rep confirmed to People.
One of Celine's newly-born sons weighed in at 5 lbs., 4 oz. while another boy weighed in at 5 lbs., 10 oz. The rep further shared that the singer, her husband Rene Angelil and their first son Rene Charles Angelil "are thrilled" about the new addition in their family.
Although the twins were born healthy, they still have to spend the next few days in incubator because they were born premature. As for the babies' names, the rep revealed that Celine and Rene will settle it later. "Celine is resting now and they plan to discuss what to name the boys when she wakes up," the rep explained. "Rene Charles has been to the hospital to visit his brothers and is just so excited they are here."
Beside Celine's rep, the "Power of Love" hitmaker's doctor, Ronald Ackerman, also shared the happy news through a press conference outside the hospital. The doctor revealed that the delivery, which was done via C-section, went as expected and the twin boys were both born with a good amount of hair.
Celine had been trying hard to conceive for the second time after giving birth to Rene Charles in January 2001. In early May this year, Celine finally confirmed that she was expecting the babies after having her sixth in vitro fertilization treatment as well as acupuncture.
More Celine Dion News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3