'Battlestar Galactica' Spin-Off 'Blood and Chrome' Announced
Syfy is not getting enough of "Battlestar Galactica" spin-offs. The network has just announced that they have ordered a two-hour pilot titled "Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome" which will focus on the early years of Edward James Olmos' William Adama.
Coming from executive producer David Eick, "Blood & Chrome" utilizes cutting edge CGI and virtual technology. Michael Taylor, the executive producer for both the original "Battlestar Galactica" and its spin-off "Caprica", wrote the teleplay from a story by Eick, Taylor and Bradley Thompson & David Weddle.
"Blood & Chrome" takes place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, a sentient robotic race, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a brash rookie viper pilot enters the fray.
Ensign William Adama, barely in his 20's and a recent Academy graduate, finds himself assigned to the newest battlestar in the Colonial fleet the Galactica. The talented but hot-headed risk-taker soon finds himself leading a dangerous top secret mission that, if successful, will turn the tide of the decade long war in favor of the desperate fleet.
"The 'Galactica' universe as re-imagined by Ron Moore and David Eick is rich with possibilities and backstory," said VP of Original Programming Mark Stern. "We jumped at the chance to revisit the William Adama character and explore this exciting chapter in the BSG narrative which falls between the events of the original series and the prequel, 'Caprica,' currently airing on Syfy."
Eick also stated his vision, saying "While maintaining the themes of politics, social propaganda, and the timeless question: what does it mean to be human? - 'Blood & Chrome' will also return us to the authentic, relentless depiction of combat and the agony and ecstasy of human-Cylon war, which was the hallmark of 'Battlestar Galactica's' early seasons."
Syfy is yet to announce whether there will be a second season of "Caprica". However, THR said the order of "Blood & Chrome" has nothing to do with "Caprica" fate.
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her