'Grey's Anatomy' 7.06 Preview: These Arms of Mine
Taking a left turn, "Grey's Anatomy" adapts a documentary-style episode next week. A documentary film crew visits the hospital six months after the shooting to document the road to recovery for doctors and patients.
The camera lenses follow Derek, Owen, Mark & Callie as they ambitiously perform a rare arm transplant surgery, Meredith helps Cristina put on a brave face for the cameras, and Bailey's patient, Mary, returns for her surgery which marks the first time they've all seen of each other since that fateful day.
The October 28 episode is like a wrap up to the post-shooting storyline. But despite the closure, creator Shonda Rhimes told EW that Cristina will keep struggling at work. "Cristina is a person who has identified herself purely as a surgeon, before anything else," Rhimes said. "And for her to be at a place where she's not sure if she can even pick up a scalpel is fairly devastating."
Mandy Moore and Ryan Devlin are back as Mary and her husband Bill while Amanda Foreman who once guest starred on "Grey's" spin-off "Private Practice" will also pay a visit but not as her "PP" character.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist