James Cameron Confirms He and Angelina Jolie Are Circling 'Cleopatra'
A collaboration between James Cameron and Angelina Jolie in "Cleopatra" is so much possible. In a recent interview with New York Times, the helmer confirmed reports mentioning that he is in talks to direct the actress, who is set to take the title role in the movie.
"There's a Cleopatra project in work, meaning that it's been in development at Sony. And it's a subject that's always fascinated me. So yeah, I've been talking to them about it," Cameron said, before noting "But no decisions have been made."
The "Titanic" helmer additionally believes that the movie would be a great work with Jolie's involvement, though he may end up not working on it. "But it sounds hot, doesn't it? I mean, Angelina Jolie and Cleopatra? To me, that's like a slam dunk. Whether I wind up doing it or not, I think it's going to be a great project," Cameron gushed.
The previous report also said that Sony Pictures Entertainment Co-Chair Amy Pascal decided to fast-track "Cleopatra" after screenwriter Bran Helgeland turned in a "brilliant script". The movie is reportedly aimed for PG-13 rating and planned to be released in 3-D.
"Cleopatra", which will be produced by Scott Rudin, is based on Stacy Schiff's book entitled "Cleopatra: A Life". It explores Cleopatra's lethal political struggle with her brother, her romance with Julius Caesar, her nine-year affair with Mark Antony and her demise.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked