James Cameron Confirms He and Angelina Jolie Are Circling 'Cleopatra'
A collaboration between James Cameron and Angelina Jolie in "Cleopatra" is so much possible. In a recent interview with New York Times, the helmer confirmed reports mentioning that he is in talks to direct the actress, who is set to take the title role in the movie.
"There's a Cleopatra project in work, meaning that it's been in development at Sony. And it's a subject that's always fascinated me. So yeah, I've been talking to them about it," Cameron said, before noting "But no decisions have been made."
The "Titanic" helmer additionally believes that the movie would be a great work with Jolie's involvement, though he may end up not working on it. "But it sounds hot, doesn't it? I mean, Angelina Jolie and Cleopatra? To me, that's like a slam dunk. Whether I wind up doing it or not, I think it's going to be a great project," Cameron gushed.
The previous report also said that Sony Pictures Entertainment Co-Chair Amy Pascal decided to fast-track "Cleopatra" after screenwriter Bran Helgeland turned in a "brilliant script". The movie is reportedly aimed for PG-13 rating and planned to be released in 3-D.
"Cleopatra", which will be produced by Scott Rudin, is based on Stacy Schiff's book entitled "Cleopatra: A Life". It explores Cleopatra's lethal political struggle with her brother, her romance with Julius Caesar, her nine-year affair with Mark Antony and her demise.
- Shia LaBeouf Rips Drake, Lil Yachty and More in New Freestyle
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She Thinks She's a Curse to Hawaiians
- First Footage of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveils Spidey's Classic Web Wings
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants to Reunite With Angelina Jolie Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Katie Holmes Finally Addresses Her 'Secret Relationship' With Jamie Foxx
- Watch Jessie J Writhe Around in 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' Video
- Kate McKinnon and T.J. Miller Go Wild in New 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- New 'The Walking Dead' Photo Teases Graphic Scene for Carl in 'Sing Me a Song'