Kanye West Preps Five Cover Arts for New Album, Reveals New Teaser of 'Runaway' Movie
Despite controversy surrounding the cover art of his new album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy", Kanye West said he has created five different artworks for the CD's front page. "Well, actually, it's five covers," he told MTV. "And you get all five of them when you buy the album."
In further statement, he shared creative process behind the making of the picture which has him straddled by a winged creature on a couch. "I told [George Condo] I wanted a phoenix, and that's what he came up with. And what I love about it is, both me and George express ourselves with our truest vision, not based on what society or culture feels is right, but what's truly in our heart," he explained.
"And I just know if George was in my class back when I was in kindergarten, and he came up with something like that, I would've been envious, like, 'Man, how did you come up with that character with no arms and the wings, man? That's cool!' ... And it's simply like that. I just really love the colors. I thought the colors were just amazing, and the imagery was amazing. I thought it was a cool, awesome cover."
Contrary to what Kanye has posted on Twitter that the artwork was banned in the U.S., the country's giant retailer Walmart denied it. "We're excited about Kanye West's new album and we look forward to carrying it in our stores on November 22," the statement issued by the company read. "As always, it's our standard practice to carry the edited parental advisory version. We did not reject the cover artwork and it was never presented to us to view."
Before the album arrives next month, fans are looking forward to the premiere of his mini movie "Runaway" on October 23. The short film has been screened in London and most recently in Los Angeles to a star-studded audience. In the meantime, a brand new sneak peak is offered to public fans for a tease.
More Kanye West News
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'