First Official Images From Keira Knightley's 'Dangerous Method'
The first official look at Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fassbender and Keira Knightley in "A Dangerous Method" has been provided in stills. Both Mortensen and Fassbender sport vintage looks to portray Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung respectively, while the actress seems vulnerable as she plays a troubled but beautiful young woman named Sabina.
Based on the play "The Talking Cure" by Christopher Hampton and drawn from true-life events, the film centers its story on the turbulent relationships between fledgling psychiatrist Carl Jung and his mentor Sigmund Freud after Sabina, driven mad by her past, is brought to see Jung by her father.
Detailing Knightley's character, director David Cronenberg recently said, "Really [Sabina] was a passionate, intelligent, very creative woman who didn't have an outlet for those things so it manifested itself as madness until she met Carl Jung. She was 18, he was about 29. They had an affair, she become his mistress." He concluded, "So it's the story of the three of them particularly and it's a really fascinating story."
Vincent Cassel and Sarah Gadon are additionally among the cast of the drama, which is expected to come out in 2011.
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win