First Official Images From Keira Knightley's 'Dangerous Method'
The first official look at Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fassbender and Keira Knightley in "A Dangerous Method" has been provided in stills. Both Mortensen and Fassbender sport vintage looks to portray Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung respectively, while the actress seems vulnerable as she plays a troubled but beautiful young woman named Sabina.
Based on the play "The Talking Cure" by Christopher Hampton and drawn from true-life events, the film centers its story on the turbulent relationships between fledgling psychiatrist Carl Jung and his mentor Sigmund Freud after Sabina, driven mad by her past, is brought to see Jung by her father.
Detailing Knightley's character, director David Cronenberg recently said, "Really [Sabina] was a passionate, intelligent, very creative woman who didn't have an outlet for those things so it manifested itself as madness until she met Carl Jung. She was 18, he was about 29. They had an affair, she become his mistress." He concluded, "So it's the story of the three of them particularly and it's a really fascinating story."
Vincent Cassel and Sarah Gadon are additionally among the cast of the drama, which is expected to come out in 2011.
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction
- Winona Ryder Defends Ex Johnny Depp Against Amber Heard's Abuse Allegations
- 'Star Trek Beyond' New Trailer: Captain Kirk Makes His Last Report
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return to 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Chris Brown Sued by Suge Knight Over 2014 Club Shooting. What's Breezy's Fault?
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Friends She's 'in Love' With Tom Hiddleston as Couple Enjoy Roman Holiday