First Official Images From Keira Knightley's 'Dangerous Method'
The first official look at Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fassbender and Keira Knightley in "A Dangerous Method" has been provided in stills. Both Mortensen and Fassbender sport vintage looks to portray Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung respectively, while the actress seems vulnerable as she plays a troubled but beautiful young woman named Sabina.
Based on the play "The Talking Cure" by Christopher Hampton and drawn from true-life events, the film centers its story on the turbulent relationships between fledgling psychiatrist Carl Jung and his mentor Sigmund Freud after Sabina, driven mad by her past, is brought to see Jung by her father.
Detailing Knightley's character, director David Cronenberg recently said, "Really [Sabina] was a passionate, intelligent, very creative woman who didn't have an outlet for those things so it manifested itself as madness until she met Carl Jung. She was 18, he was about 29. They had an affair, she become his mistress." He concluded, "So it's the story of the three of them particularly and it's a really fascinating story."
Vincent Cassel and Sarah Gadon are additionally among the cast of the drama, which is expected to come out in 2011.
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I 6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza