First Official Images From Keira Knightley's 'Dangerous Method'
The first official look at Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fassbender and Keira Knightley in "A Dangerous Method" has been provided in stills. Both Mortensen and Fassbender sport vintage looks to portray Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung respectively, while the actress seems vulnerable as she plays a troubled but beautiful young woman named Sabina.
Based on the play "The Talking Cure" by Christopher Hampton and drawn from true-life events, the film centers its story on the turbulent relationships between fledgling psychiatrist Carl Jung and his mentor Sigmund Freud after Sabina, driven mad by her past, is brought to see Jung by her father.
Detailing Knightley's character, director David Cronenberg recently said, "Really [Sabina] was a passionate, intelligent, very creative woman who didn't have an outlet for those things so it manifested itself as madness until she met Carl Jung. She was 18, he was about 29. They had an affair, she become his mistress." He concluded, "So it's the story of the three of them particularly and it's a really fascinating story."
Vincent Cassel and Sarah Gadon are additionally among the cast of the drama, which is expected to come out in 2011.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'