Rapper Eyedea, 28, Died in His Sleep, Mom Speaks
Great talent died too young, Michael "Eyedea" Larsen was found dead while sleeping at his St. Paul, Minnesota home over the weekend. While the cause of death of the 28-year-old rapper is yet to be determined, his mother Kathy Averill released a statement to ask for privacy during the difficult time.
Eyedea was signed to Rhymesayers label and earned the title of 'the underground Eminem'. As an indie artist, he was known for his rapid-fire delivery and freestyle skills which Em uses as weapons. He won several rap battles such as the 1999's Scribble Jam in Cincinnati and Blaze Battle in Chicago the next year. His debut album called "First Born" was released in 2001 under the collaboration with DJ Abilities.
Eyedea was reportedly last seen well on Friday, October 15 at Minneapolis' First Avenue and 7th Street Entry, watching a show by Abilities and Pigeon John. His mom said he had completed an album called "Face Candy" before his death in addition to a book of poetry.
"It is with great pain and sadness that I tell you my son Mikey (Eyedea) has passed away," Averill wrote on the MC's Facebook page. "At this time we kindly request your respect and our privacy as we process this devastating loss. We do, however, welcome your kind words, memories, and positive thoughts."
Autopsy will be conducted to find out the cause of death. Meanwhile, fans can donate money for his funeral service to the account that his mother has set up on PayPal.
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles