Wentworth Miller May Replace Andy Whitfield as 'Spartacus'
"Spartacus: Blood and Sand" may move on with Wentworth Miller replacing Andy Whitfield. Miller claimed his fame through FOX's "Prison Break" which ended last year after four seasons. He recently portrayed Chris Redfield in "Resident Evil: Afterlife" but apart from his guest starring appearance on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit", he is yet to land any TV role since 2009.
EW reported that Miller is touted to be the titular character in the Starz series. Recasting has been opted by the producers instead of cancellation when Whitfield announced that he withdraws from the second season. The original actor is taking a treatment of his Non-Hodgkin lymphoma which has returned since the first treatment in March this year.
"Spartacus: Blood and Sand" is to start production after "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" finished its. The prequel, which doesn't concern Whitfield's Spartacus, is to bow in January 2011. The second season premiere of "Blood and Sand" is thus expected to follow around mid year as Starz president and CEO Chris Albrecht revealed that they considered having a new program in 2011 slate.
Starz has not released a statement in Wenworth Miller's casting rumor.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour