Wentworth Miller May Replace Andy Whitfield as 'Spartacus'
"Spartacus: Blood and Sand" may move on with Wentworth Miller replacing Andy Whitfield. Miller claimed his fame through FOX's "Prison Break" which ended last year after four seasons. He recently portrayed Chris Redfield in "Resident Evil: Afterlife" but apart from his guest starring appearance on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit", he is yet to land any TV role since 2009.
EW reported that Miller is touted to be the titular character in the Starz series. Recasting has been opted by the producers instead of cancellation when Whitfield announced that he withdraws from the second season. The original actor is taking a treatment of his Non-Hodgkin lymphoma which has returned since the first treatment in March this year.
"Spartacus: Blood and Sand" is to start production after "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" finished its. The prequel, which doesn't concern Whitfield's Spartacus, is to bow in January 2011. The second season premiere of "Blood and Sand" is thus expected to follow around mid year as Starz president and CEO Chris Albrecht revealed that they considered having a new program in 2011 slate.
Starz has not released a statement in Wenworth Miller's casting rumor.
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?