Wentworth Miller May Replace Andy Whitfield as 'Spartacus'
"Spartacus: Blood and Sand" may move on with Wentworth Miller replacing Andy Whitfield. Miller claimed his fame through FOX's "Prison Break" which ended last year after four seasons. He recently portrayed Chris Redfield in "Resident Evil: Afterlife" but apart from his guest starring appearance on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit", he is yet to land any TV role since 2009.
EW reported that Miller is touted to be the titular character in the Starz series. Recasting has been opted by the producers instead of cancellation when Whitfield announced that he withdraws from the second season. The original actor is taking a treatment of his Non-Hodgkin lymphoma which has returned since the first treatment in March this year.
"Spartacus: Blood and Sand" is to start production after "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" finished its. The prequel, which doesn't concern Whitfield's Spartacus, is to bow in January 2011. The second season premiere of "Blood and Sand" is thus expected to follow around mid year as Starz president and CEO Chris Albrecht revealed that they considered having a new program in 2011 slate.
Starz has not released a statement in Wenworth Miller's casting rumor.
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande