David Arquette Admits Sleeping With Jasmine Waltz While Married to Courteney Cox
A day after David Arquette and Courteney Cox announced their split in a joint statement, the "Pushing Daisies" actor addressed infidelity rumor surrounding their separation. On Howard Stern's "Sirius" show on Tuesday, October 12, David admitted having sex with bartender and actress Jasmine Waltz while he is still married to Courteney, FOX News reported.
"I did have sex with her one time, maybe twice... my sexual encounter made me feel pretty manly," David said as quoted by the site. David and Jasmine's affair was first brought up by Life & Style magazine which mentioned that the two "have been hooking up recently."
Asked about what Courteney might feel about the adultery, David explained, "Part of the terms of out separation was that I was allowed to see other people and so was she." The 39-year-old actor went on revealing that he and Courteney hadn't gotten physical in quite some time.
"We're not having sex, and I completely understand. She's an emotional being... If it doesn't feel right, she doesn't feel like bonding in that way," David opened up. "She's the greatest woman I've ever met... Now, yes, she's got her issues. She tries to take on everybody's problem. She tries to be the mother to everyone - that's why she doesn't want to be the mother to me anymore."
When Courteney's alleged affair with her "Cougar Town" co-star Brian Van Holt was brought up during the chat, David claimed he doesn't know whether the rumor is true or not. Though so, he admitted that there is some chemistry there and called it an "emotional affair."
On what kind of "emotional affair" David meant during the interview, marriage counselor Julie Hanks suggested to E! Online, "A good definition is a connection with another person that you hide from your partner. Usually it's not physical. But there is the desire to be with that person in a romantic way."
Chair of the family law department at the law firm Weber Gallagher, Lynne Z. Gold-Bikin, mentioned the same thing, telling the site, "First of all. What does that mean? It means that she got friendly with somebody? If it's not, that how do you prove that stuff? Legally, it's not adultery. Adultery has to be physical."
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5