Chelsea Handler Working on Half-Hour Comedy for E!
This could be the project Chelsea Handler has been talking about when tackling the rumor that she's dating 50 Cent. The funny lady tweeted earlier this month, "Everyone, calm down. I met with mr. Cent about a potential project. There's nothing to report yet, ill let you know if there is."
Now a confirmation has arrived that Handler will be featured in a half-hour comedy series on E! where her late night talk show, "Chelsea Lately", is airing. Called "After Lately", it will examine the backstage goings-on at "Chelsea Lately" in a vein similar to HBO's "The Larry Sanders Show." Words are, the story outlines will be based on semi-improvisation, just like HBO's "Curb Your Enthusiasm".
"The show is a behind-the-scenes look at what happens at our office when the cameras are off. ...A perfect platform for people who have no business being on camera," Handler told Daily Variety. That means others set to appear are Guy Branum, Sarah Colonna, Heather McDonald, Chris Franjola and Brad Wollack, who created the show with exec producers Tom Brunelle and Handler.
E! has ordered eight episodes and production will begin in a few weeks. No premiere date has been announced.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says