Chelsea Handler Working on Half-Hour Comedy for E!
This could be the project Chelsea Handler has been talking about when tackling the rumor that she's dating 50 Cent. The funny lady tweeted earlier this month, "Everyone, calm down. I met with mr. Cent about a potential project. There's nothing to report yet, ill let you know if there is."
Now a confirmation has arrived that Handler will be featured in a half-hour comedy series on E! where her late night talk show, "Chelsea Lately", is airing. Called "After Lately", it will examine the backstage goings-on at "Chelsea Lately" in a vein similar to HBO's "The Larry Sanders Show." Words are, the story outlines will be based on semi-improvisation, just like HBO's "Curb Your Enthusiasm".
"The show is a behind-the-scenes look at what happens at our office when the cameras are off. ...A perfect platform for people who have no business being on camera," Handler told Daily Variety. That means others set to appear are Guy Branum, Sarah Colonna, Heather McDonald, Chris Franjola and Brad Wollack, who created the show with exec producers Tom Brunelle and Handler.
E! has ordered eight episodes and production will begin in a few weeks. No premiere date has been announced.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3