Pictures: Kanye West Attending Screening of His 'Runaway' Mini Movie
Kanye West has held special screening of his "Runaway" mini movie at Bafta Piccadilly in London this week. Spotted leaving the event were fellow musicians Mr. Hudson, Marina and the Diamonds, Lemar and Alexandra Burke.
The short movie reportedly includes nine songs, which may appear on his new album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". Of the concept, Kanye previously said, "It's the story of a phoenix fallen to Earth, and I make her my girlfriend, and people discriminate against her and eventually she has to burn herself alive and go back to her world."
"I've been feeling the idea of the phoenix. It's been in my heart for a while. It's maybe parallel to my career. I threw a Molotov cocktail on my career last year, in a way, and I had to come back as a better person."
One of the songs which is expected to appear in "Dark Twisted Fantasy" coincidentally is also titled "Runaway". Cover art for the single boasts a picture of ballerina and is likely taken from a scene in the short movie. While the song was first showcased to live audience at the closing set of 2010 MTV Video Music Awards on September 12, the album will not come in the United States until November 22.
More Kanye West News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal