Pictures: Kanye West Attending Screening of His 'Runaway' Mini Movie
Kanye West has held special screening of his "Runaway" mini movie at Bafta Piccadilly in London this week. Spotted leaving the event were fellow musicians Mr. Hudson, Marina and the Diamonds, Lemar and Alexandra Burke.
The short movie reportedly includes nine songs, which may appear on his new album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". Of the concept, Kanye previously said, "It's the story of a phoenix fallen to Earth, and I make her my girlfriend, and people discriminate against her and eventually she has to burn herself alive and go back to her world."
"I've been feeling the idea of the phoenix. It's been in my heart for a while. It's maybe parallel to my career. I threw a Molotov cocktail on my career last year, in a way, and I had to come back as a better person."
One of the songs which is expected to appear in "Dark Twisted Fantasy" coincidentally is also titled "Runaway". Cover art for the single boasts a picture of ballerina and is likely taken from a scene in the short movie. While the song was first showcased to live audience at the closing set of 2010 MTV Video Music Awards on September 12, the album will not come in the United States until November 22.
More Kanye West News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic