Official Single Cover of Kanye West's 'Runaway'
Kanye West has unleashed an artwork for "Runaway", his new single which was debuted at the closing set of MTV Video Music Awards. The picture posted by the G.O.O.D Music rapper on Twitter features a ballerina striking a pose in a black tutu.
The picture is taken from a scene in short movie Kanye made for the Pusha T-assisted single. Trailer for the film has previously been offered, including a teaser for explosive scene where the outspoken MC holds a feathered woman and carries her to safety.
Explaining the movie's concept, Kanye shared to New York magazine, "It's the story of a phoenix fallen to Earth, and I make her my girlfriend, and people discriminate against her and eventually she has to burn herself alive and go back to her world."
"I've been feeling the idea of the phoenix. It's been in my heart for a while. It's maybe parallel to my career. I threw a Molotov cocktail on my career last year, in a way, and I had to come back as a better person."
More Kanye West News
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order