Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Older Brother Dies at 36, Cause of Death Not Yet Revealed
"Inception" star Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in a great loss. On Tuesday, October 5, Joseph announced the death of his older brother Daniel Levitt who was known as Burning Dan on his Twitter page. The actor wrote, "My super hero brother @burningdan 1974-2010," adding that Dan is "f**king awesome."
Joseph later wrote on his site, "BURNING dAN brightly embodied that bold beastly bliss sometimes referred to as 'the creative spirit.' He was my chief collaborator on the foundational incarnations of hitRECord.org over the years and continues to inspire us ever the more."
"Watching this community blossom into what it has become never ceased to amaze him and me. We would regularly marvel at it and high five. Thank you all for that," Joseph went on. "There he is now pouring heaping hollowed watermelons full of love over each and every one of us. So let's celebrate him, he's f**king awesome." Joseph, however, didn't mentioned the cause of Dan's death on his post.
In an August interview, Dan stated that it's "wonderful to be mistaken for him (Joseph)." He had nothing but good words for his brother, saying "He taught me to question the relationships other people have with their siblings because he would be my favorite person in the world even if I wasn't lucky enough to know him as my brother."
Daniel Levitt died at the age of 36. He was a fire-spinning artist and flow arts teacher at Flow Temple Arts School in Venice Beach, California. According to People, Dan was found unresponsive in his Hollywood home on Monday morning, October 4.
Dan was later rushed to hospital where he was pronounced dead. On the day he was found unresponsive, Dan was still able to write a message on his Twitter page, "My cousin Addie told me that for Halloween she's gonna be a 'rock star cowgirl superhero'," and post a picture of him with the little girl.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'