Video Premiere: Brandon Flowers' 'Only the Young'
Brandon Flowers suits up in a Sophie Mueller-directed music video of his latest single "Only the Young". The vocalist of The Killers is seen performing the song with a lot of extras doing acrobatic stunts like the production of Cirque du Soleil show.
"Only the Young" is the second single from Flowers' first solo album "Flamingo" which debuted at No. 8 on Billboard Hot 200 and peaked at No. 1 on U.K. Albums chart. All songs in the album, including "Only the Young", were written by Flowers over the year and a half he spent touring for The Killers' third, critically acclaimed studio effort "Day & Age".
The album was released following the band's announcement to take a temporary hiatus. "I don't blame them for taking a break," the 29-year-old vocalist said. "But I'm always writing, and I wanted to chase these songs. I also have a fear that if I stop for a year, it might mess me up."
His success in the solo album apparently has caught Kylie Minogue's attention. Praising him as an "amazing" musician, the Aussie singer is keen to make a duet with him, saying "It could work well. I don't think he knows I've even said that, but I'd really love to."
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer