Video Premiere: Brandon Flowers' 'Only the Young'
Brandon Flowers suits up in a Sophie Mueller-directed music video of his latest single "Only the Young". The vocalist of The Killers is seen performing the song with a lot of extras doing acrobatic stunts like the production of Cirque du Soleil show.
"Only the Young" is the second single from Flowers' first solo album "Flamingo" which debuted at No. 8 on Billboard Hot 200 and peaked at No. 1 on U.K. Albums chart. All songs in the album, including "Only the Young", were written by Flowers over the year and a half he spent touring for The Killers' third, critically acclaimed studio effort "Day & Age".
The album was released following the band's announcement to take a temporary hiatus. "I don't blame them for taking a break," the 29-year-old vocalist said. "But I'm always writing, and I wanted to chase these songs. I also have a fear that if I stop for a year, it might mess me up."
His success in the solo album apparently has caught Kylie Minogue's attention. Praising him as an "amazing" musician, the Aussie singer is keen to make a duet with him, saying "It could work well. I don't think he knows I've even said that, but I'd really love to."
Brandon Flowers' "Only the Young" music video
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake