Video Premiere: Brandon Flowers' 'Only the Young'
Brandon Flowers suits up in a Sophie Mueller-directed music video of his latest single "Only the Young". The vocalist of The Killers is seen performing the song with a lot of extras doing acrobatic stunts like the production of Cirque du Soleil show.
"Only the Young" is the second single from Flowers' first solo album "Flamingo" which debuted at No. 8 on Billboard Hot 200 and peaked at No. 1 on U.K. Albums chart. All songs in the album, including "Only the Young", were written by Flowers over the year and a half he spent touring for The Killers' third, critically acclaimed studio effort "Day & Age".
The album was released following the band's announcement to take a temporary hiatus. "I don't blame them for taking a break," the 29-year-old vocalist said. "But I'm always writing, and I wanted to chase these songs. I also have a fear that if I stop for a year, it might mess me up."
His success in the solo album apparently has caught Kylie Minogue's attention. Praising him as an "amazing" musician, the Aussie singer is keen to make a duet with him, saying "It could work well. I don't think he knows I've even said that, but I'd really love to."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show