Hilary Duff's Husband Sued for Failing to Pay for His Car
Though Hilary Duff knew that Mike Comrie owns a $165,000 Mercedes-Benz before marrying him, the "Material Girls" star might not be aware that the NHL star is not very keen on paying for his car. According to TMZ, Mike was hit with a lawsuit for allegedly refusing to pay the bills or giving the ride back.
The site reported that the lawsuit was filed against Mike in L.A. County Superior Court. According to the legal documents, Mike bought the 2009 Mercedes-Benz CL550 back in 2008 but he failed to pay the installments. In the papers, the finance company claimed they've tried to repossess the car but the ice hockey player "refused to allow Plaintiff possession."
And now, the finance company is suing Mike, demanding him to pay off the rest of his contract, which is $103,398.57, as well as other costs. Neither Mike nor his rep has commented or released a statement on the situation. However, on September 30, Mike might have felt that something bad was going to happen. He wrote on his Twitter page, "Don't feel really good today, bad day."
The lawsuit aside, Mike has become a hero for his Pittsburgh Penguins team during their Sunday night, October 2 game at Joe Louis Arena against the Detroit Red Wings. During the match, Mike, who signed a one-year contract with the Penguins as an unrestricted free agent on September 3, scored twice in Pittsburgh's 5-2 win over the Detroit.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur