Hilary Duff's Husband Sued for Failing to Pay for His Car
Though Hilary Duff knew that Mike Comrie owns a $165,000 Mercedes-Benz before marrying him, the "Material Girls" star might not be aware that the NHL star is not very keen on paying for his car. According to TMZ, Mike was hit with a lawsuit for allegedly refusing to pay the bills or giving the ride back.
The site reported that the lawsuit was filed against Mike in L.A. County Superior Court. According to the legal documents, Mike bought the 2009 Mercedes-Benz CL550 back in 2008 but he failed to pay the installments. In the papers, the finance company claimed they've tried to repossess the car but the ice hockey player "refused to allow Plaintiff possession."
And now, the finance company is suing Mike, demanding him to pay off the rest of his contract, which is $103,398.57, as well as other costs. Neither Mike nor his rep has commented or released a statement on the situation. However, on September 30, Mike might have felt that something bad was going to happen. He wrote on his Twitter page, "Don't feel really good today, bad day."
The lawsuit aside, Mike has become a hero for his Pittsburgh Penguins team during their Sunday night, October 2 game at Joe Louis Arena against the Detroit Red Wings. During the match, Mike, who signed a one-year contract with the Penguins as an unrestricted free agent on September 3, scored twice in Pittsburgh's 5-2 win over the Detroit.
More Hilary Duff News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'