Amber Riley's Cover of Whitney Houston's Song for 'Glee'
From catering the Gleeks with Britney Spears and Paramore's remixed tracks, "Glee" is now moving on to revamp a song from Whitney Houston's catalog. And, the title track of her 2009 comeback album "I Look to You" has been chosen for the FOX's TV series.
Amber Riley who plays Mercedes Jones in the comedy musical has recorded the 2009 single and now audio stream of her rendition hits the web. The song is going to be featured in this season's upcoming third episode "Grilled Cheesus".
The other featured songs include Barbra Streisand's "Papa Can You Hear Me", Billy Joel's "Only the Good Die Young", Joan Osborne's "One of Us", The Beatles' "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and R.E.M.'s "Losing My Religion". All can be heard on GleeTheMusic.com along with Amber Riley's take on "I Look to You", except for "Losing My religion" which is up for exclusive stream on Entertainment Weekly.
Scheduled to air on October 5, "Grilled Cheesus" will find Finn in an existential crisis when he believes he sees the face of Jesus in his grilled cheese sandwich. Meanwhile, the rest of the kids rally around Kurt after he has a crisis of his own that leads to a larger discussion among the group about their own theology.
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!
- Khloe Kardashian Tries to 'Move On and Focus on Herself' During Her 'Sad' 32nd Birthday
- Ansel Elgort Is in Talks to Star in 'Dungeons and Dragons' Reboot
- Did Britney Spears Delay Single to Include Sample of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River'?
- George Clooney Reportedly 'Refused' to Protect Wife Amal From 'Bloodthirsty Terrorists'
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction