Amber Riley's Cover of Whitney Houston's Song for 'Glee'
From catering the Gleeks with Britney Spears and Paramore's remixed tracks, "Glee" is now moving on to revamp a song from Whitney Houston's catalog. And, the title track of her 2009 comeback album "I Look to You" has been chosen for the FOX's TV series.
Amber Riley who plays Mercedes Jones in the comedy musical has recorded the 2009 single and now audio stream of her rendition hits the web. The song is going to be featured in this season's upcoming third episode "Grilled Cheesus".
The other featured songs include Barbra Streisand's "Papa Can You Hear Me", Billy Joel's "Only the Good Die Young", Joan Osborne's "One of Us", The Beatles' "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and R.E.M.'s "Losing My Religion". All can be heard on GleeTheMusic.com along with Amber Riley's take on "I Look to You", except for "Losing My religion" which is up for exclusive stream on Entertainment Weekly.
Scheduled to air on October 5, "Grilled Cheesus" will find Finn in an existential crisis when he believes he sees the face of Jesus in his grilled cheese sandwich. Meanwhile, the rest of the kids rally around Kurt after he has a crisis of his own that leads to a larger discussion among the group about their own theology.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt