Amber Riley's Cover of Whitney Houston's Song for 'Glee'
From catering the Gleeks with Britney Spears and Paramore's remixed tracks, "Glee" is now moving on to revamp a song from Whitney Houston's catalog. And, the title track of her 2009 comeback album "I Look to You" has been chosen for the FOX's TV series.
Amber Riley who plays Mercedes Jones in the comedy musical has recorded the 2009 single and now audio stream of her rendition hits the web. The song is going to be featured in this season's upcoming third episode "Grilled Cheesus".
The other featured songs include Barbra Streisand's "Papa Can You Hear Me", Billy Joel's "Only the Good Die Young", Joan Osborne's "One of Us", The Beatles' "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and R.E.M.'s "Losing My Religion". All can be heard on GleeTheMusic.com along with Amber Riley's take on "I Look to You", except for "Losing My religion" which is up for exclusive stream on Entertainment Weekly.
Scheduled to air on October 5, "Grilled Cheesus" will find Finn in an existential crisis when he believes he sees the face of Jesus in his grilled cheese sandwich. Meanwhile, the rest of the kids rally around Kurt after he has a crisis of his own that leads to a larger discussion among the group about their own theology.
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full