Highest and Lowest Scorer on 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 11 Opener
The dancing season has begun on Monday, September 20 with the return of "Dancing with the Stars". As many as 12 celebrities are partnered with professional dancers and they showed the audience for the first time how far they can stretch their skill.
As expected, "Dirty Dancing" star Jennifer Grey scored the highest in the first week. Her Viennese Waltz with Derek Hough managed to impress the judges. "Some things get better with age, and I definitely think you're one of them," Carrie Ann Inaba praised. Bruno Tonioli said her "Dirty" co-star Patrick Swayze would be very proud of her. The judges gave them straight 8s, marking up to 24 out of 30.
There is no lowest scorer this week as three couples earn the same number which is 15 out of 30. The Situation and Karina Smirnoff for one, did mildly with their Cha Cha Cha, but it could probably stem from the fact that Situation only got five days to rehearse compared to the others who had weeks. Getting the same score are Margaret Cho and David Hasselhoff.
Grey will get stiff competition from Brandy and Kyle Massey who scored just one less point from her. Rick Fox is also one to watch, for he's partnered with two-time champion Cheryl Burke and scored 22 out of 30 in his first dance.
Audrina Patridge scored 19/30, Bristol Palin scored 18/30, Florence Henderson scored 18/30 while Michael Bolton scored 16/30. They will be back next week to dance either Jive or Quickstep.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!