Carey Mulligan Explains Her Life in 'Never Let Me Go' International Trailer
Few days before "Never Let Me Go" hits limited U.S. theaters, an international trailer has been made available for viewing pleasure. It gives a deeper look at the story of three best friends and how their lives become complicated when they grow up as explained by one of the characters, Carey Mulligan's Kathy.
Kathy, along with Tommy and Ruth, lives in a world and a time that feel familiar to us, but are not quite like anything we know. They spend their childhood at Hailsham, a seemingly idyllic English boarding school where they got all they needed.
When they leave the shelter of the school, they must confront the deep feelings of love, jealousy and betrayal that threaten to pull them apart. In the meantime, they also find the terrible truth of their fate that they are actually clones grown for the sole purpose of organ donation.
Keira Knightley and Andrew Garfield join Carey Mulligan in the cast ensemble to portray Ruth and Tommy respectively. Mark Romanek directs this drama which is based on a novel of the same title by Kazuo Ishiguro. Alex Garland writes the script for the movie.
After premiered at Telluride Film Festival, "Never Let Me Go" was screened at Toronto International Film Festival on September 11. The drama will grace selected theaters in the U.S. on September 15 and is going to be released in the U.K. on January 21, 2011.
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers