2010 MTV VMAs: Taylor Swift Debuts New Song About Kanye West
While many people still talk about what happened to her on the stage of 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, Taylor Swift herself has put the past behind her and is ready to move on. She makes it clear during the September 12 ceremony of this year's MTV VMAs with a new song called "Innocent".
"It's okay if life is a tough crowd / 32 and still growing up now / who you are is not what you did / you're still an innocent," barefooted Taylor sang while strumming a vintage guitar. Referring to the lyrics and the footage played just before her performance, people quickly speculated the track is an ode to Kanye West, the man who embarrassed her last year. And her rep confirmed that matter, saying "[it's] about her feelings about last year's VMAs."
Possibly answering Taylor's song, Kanye who did not perform until the end of the show made "a toast for the douchebags." The rapper spat his verses when singing a song called "Runaway", "Let's have a toast for the a**holes. Let's have a toast for the scumbags. Every one I know."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'