2010 MTV VMAs: Taylor Swift Debuts New Song About Kanye West
While many people still talk about what happened to her on the stage of 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, Taylor Swift herself has put the past behind her and is ready to move on. She makes it clear during the September 12 ceremony of this year's MTV VMAs with a new song called "Innocent".
"It's okay if life is a tough crowd / 32 and still growing up now / who you are is not what you did / you're still an innocent," barefooted Taylor sang while strumming a vintage guitar. Referring to the lyrics and the footage played just before her performance, people quickly speculated the track is an ode to Kanye West, the man who embarrassed her last year. And her rep confirmed that matter, saying "[it's] about her feelings about last year's VMAs."
Possibly answering Taylor's song, Kanye who did not perform until the end of the show made "a toast for the douchebags." The rapper spat his verses when singing a song called "Runaway", "Let's have a toast for the a**holes. Let's have a toast for the scumbags. Every one I know."
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week