2010 MTV VMAs: Taylor Swift Debuts New Song About Kanye West
While many people still talk about what happened to her on the stage of 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, Taylor Swift herself has put the past behind her and is ready to move on. She makes it clear during the September 12 ceremony of this year's MTV VMAs with a new song called "Innocent".
"It's okay if life is a tough crowd / 32 and still growing up now / who you are is not what you did / you're still an innocent," barefooted Taylor sang while strumming a vintage guitar. Referring to the lyrics and the footage played just before her performance, people quickly speculated the track is an ode to Kanye West, the man who embarrassed her last year. And her rep confirmed that matter, saying "[it's] about her feelings about last year's VMAs."
Possibly answering Taylor's song, Kanye who did not perform until the end of the show made "a toast for the douchebags." The rapper spat his verses when singing a song called "Runaway", "Let's have a toast for the a**holes. Let's have a toast for the scumbags. Every one I know."
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction