2010 MTV VMAs: Taylor Swift Debuts New Song About Kanye West
While many people still talk about what happened to her on the stage of 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, Taylor Swift herself has put the past behind her and is ready to move on. She makes it clear during the September 12 ceremony of this year's MTV VMAs with a new song called "Innocent".
"It's okay if life is a tough crowd / 32 and still growing up now / who you are is not what you did / you're still an innocent," barefooted Taylor sang while strumming a vintage guitar. Referring to the lyrics and the footage played just before her performance, people quickly speculated the track is an ode to Kanye West, the man who embarrassed her last year. And her rep confirmed that matter, saying "[it's] about her feelings about last year's VMAs."
Possibly answering Taylor's song, Kanye who did not perform until the end of the show made "a toast for the douchebags." The rapper spat his verses when singing a song called "Runaway", "Let's have a toast for the a**holes. Let's have a toast for the scumbags. Every one I know."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'