2010 MTV VMAs: Taylor Swift Debuts New Song About Kanye West
While many people still talk about what happened to her on the stage of 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, Taylor Swift herself has put the past behind her and is ready to move on. She makes it clear during the September 12 ceremony of this year's MTV VMAs with a new song called "Innocent".
"It's okay if life is a tough crowd / 32 and still growing up now / who you are is not what you did / you're still an innocent," barefooted Taylor sang while strumming a vintage guitar. Referring to the lyrics and the footage played just before her performance, people quickly speculated the track is an ode to Kanye West, the man who embarrassed her last year. And her rep confirmed that matter, saying "[it's] about her feelings about last year's VMAs."
Possibly answering Taylor's song, Kanye who did not perform until the end of the show made "a toast for the douchebags." The rapper spat his verses when singing a song called "Runaway", "Let's have a toast for the a**holes. Let's have a toast for the scumbags. Every one I know."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?