2010 MTV VMAs: Nicki Minaj's Pre-Show Performance
Nicki Minaj gave it all out in her pre-show performance for 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. Not only having a space-ship theme stage, she also put on cotton candy pink wig and purple spacesuit. Accompanied by two dancers, she crooned the lyrics to her new single "Check It Out".
Minaj, however, kicked off her performance with a bit of her other single "Your Love" which samples Annie Lennox's "No More I Love You's". But it was largely about "Check It Out" which samples another popular song, The Buggles' "Video Killed the Radio Star". The latest song is also iconic for MTV for it was used heavily as a launch-pad tune. Black Eyed Peas' rapper will.i.am appeared in the middle of the song to assist Minaj.
Minaj herself will also be present at the September 12 ceremony which was kicked off at 8/7c. She is a nominee in the Best New Artist category, sharing it with Sean Garret for the video of "Massive Attack".
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off