2010 MTV VMAs: Nicki Minaj's Pre-Show Performance
Nicki Minaj gave it all out in her pre-show performance for 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. Not only having a space-ship theme stage, she also put on cotton candy pink wig and purple spacesuit. Accompanied by two dancers, she crooned the lyrics to her new single "Check It Out".
Minaj, however, kicked off her performance with a bit of her other single "Your Love" which samples Annie Lennox's "No More I Love You's". But it was largely about "Check It Out" which samples another popular song, The Buggles' "Video Killed the Radio Star". The latest song is also iconic for MTV for it was used heavily as a launch-pad tune. Black Eyed Peas' rapper will.i.am appeared in the middle of the song to assist Minaj.
Minaj herself will also be present at the September 12 ceremony which was kicked off at 8/7c. She is a nominee in the Best New Artist category, sharing it with Sean Garret for the video of "Massive Attack".
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media