2010 MTV VMAs: Nicki Minaj's Pre-Show Performance
Nicki Minaj gave it all out in her pre-show performance for 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. Not only having a space-ship theme stage, she also put on cotton candy pink wig and purple spacesuit. Accompanied by two dancers, she crooned the lyrics to her new single "Check It Out".
Minaj, however, kicked off her performance with a bit of her other single "Your Love" which samples Annie Lennox's "No More I Love You's". But it was largely about "Check It Out" which samples another popular song, The Buggles' "Video Killed the Radio Star". The latest song is also iconic for MTV for it was used heavily as a launch-pad tune. Black Eyed Peas' rapper will.i.am appeared in the middle of the song to assist Minaj.
Minaj herself will also be present at the September 12 ceremony which was kicked off at 8/7c. She is a nominee in the Best New Artist category, sharing it with Sean Garret for the video of "Massive Attack".
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo