2010 MTV VMAs: Nicki Minaj's Pre-Show Performance
Nicki Minaj gave it all out in her pre-show performance for 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. Not only having a space-ship theme stage, she also put on cotton candy pink wig and purple spacesuit. Accompanied by two dancers, she crooned the lyrics to her new single "Check It Out".
Minaj, however, kicked off her performance with a bit of her other single "Your Love" which samples Annie Lennox's "No More I Love You's". But it was largely about "Check It Out" which samples another popular song, The Buggles' "Video Killed the Radio Star". The latest song is also iconic for MTV for it was used heavily as a launch-pad tune. Black Eyed Peas' rapper will.i.am appeared in the middle of the song to assist Minaj.
Minaj herself will also be present at the September 12 ceremony which was kicked off at 8/7c. She is a nominee in the Best New Artist category, sharing it with Sean Garret for the video of "Massive Attack".
- Britney Spears Slams Lip-Sync Accusations: 'Nobody Ever Really Gives Me Credit'
- 'Gotham' Star Donal Logue's Child Is Missing
- 'Star Trek' Alum to Direct an Upcoming Episode of 'Star Trek: Discovery'
- Kim Kardashian Mom-Shamed Over Saint West's Front-Facing Car Seat
- Rihanna Caught Making Out With Mystery Man in Spain
- Kendrick Lamar Gets Violent in New Brutal Video for 'Element'
- 'Girl with Dragon Tattoo' Star Michael Nyqvist Dies at 56
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance