2010 MTV VMAs: Nicki Minaj's Pre-Show Performance
Nicki Minaj gave it all out in her pre-show performance for 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. Not only having a space-ship theme stage, she also put on cotton candy pink wig and purple spacesuit. Accompanied by two dancers, she crooned the lyrics to her new single "Check It Out".
Minaj, however, kicked off her performance with a bit of her other single "Your Love" which samples Annie Lennox's "No More I Love You's". But it was largely about "Check It Out" which samples another popular song, The Buggles' "Video Killed the Radio Star". The latest song is also iconic for MTV for it was used heavily as a launch-pad tune. Black Eyed Peas' rapper will.i.am appeared in the middle of the song to assist Minaj.
Minaj herself will also be present at the September 12 ceremony which was kicked off at 8/7c. She is a nominee in the Best New Artist category, sharing it with Sean Garret for the video of "Massive Attack".
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life
- Drake on Remy Ma's Diss Track: 'His Heart's Bleeding for Nicki Minaj'