Gwyneth Paltrow Sings in First 'Country Strong' Trailer
Although "Country Strong" will only be released early next year, Screen Gems chooses to drop the first trailer this week. The drama is Gwyneth Paltrow's latest pic which requires her singing skill. She previously appeared in 2000 musical film "Duets".
Paltrow stars as Kelly Canter, a country music superstar embarking on a comeback tour after a stint in rehab. Garrett Hedlund plays Beau Williams, a young rising singer-songwriter who becomes involved with the fallen country singer. Meanwhile, Canter's husband, played by Tim McGraw, signs Leighton Meester's Chiles Stanton as her opening act instead of Williams who actually cares about Canter as a person.
"Country Strong" will be released widely in the U.S. on January 7, 2011. Before that, it will play in limited theaters on December 22.
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie
- Watch Charli XCX's Adorable 'Boys' Video Starring Joe Jonas, Charlie Puth, Jay Park and More Hotties
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Firefighter Spin-Off Casts Jaina Lee Ortiz
- Ike Barinholtz Broke His Neck While Filming Movie Stunt
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Tummy in Skintight Crop Top
- Henry Cavill Addresses 'Justice League' 'Mustache Fiasco' With Hilarious Instagram Post
- Was '4:44' Album Title Inspired by Jay-Z and Solange's Elevator Fight?