Gwyneth Paltrow Sings in First 'Country Strong' Trailer
Although "Country Strong" will only be released early next year, Screen Gems chooses to drop the first trailer this week. The drama is Gwyneth Paltrow's latest pic which requires her singing skill. She previously appeared in 2000 musical film "Duets".
Paltrow stars as Kelly Canter, a country music superstar embarking on a comeback tour after a stint in rehab. Garrett Hedlund plays Beau Williams, a young rising singer-songwriter who becomes involved with the fallen country singer. Meanwhile, Canter's husband, played by Tim McGraw, signs Leighton Meester's Chiles Stanton as her opening act instead of Williams who actually cares about Canter as a person.
"Country Strong" will be released widely in the U.S. on January 7, 2011. Before that, it will play in limited theaters on December 22.
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick