Gwyneth Paltrow Sings in First 'Country Strong' Trailer
Although "Country Strong" will only be released early next year, Screen Gems chooses to drop the first trailer this week. The drama is Gwyneth Paltrow's latest pic which requires her singing skill. She previously appeared in 2000 musical film "Duets".
Paltrow stars as Kelly Canter, a country music superstar embarking on a comeback tour after a stint in rehab. Garrett Hedlund plays Beau Williams, a young rising singer-songwriter who becomes involved with the fallen country singer. Meanwhile, Canter's husband, played by Tim McGraw, signs Leighton Meester's Chiles Stanton as her opening act instead of Williams who actually cares about Canter as a person.
"Country Strong" will be released widely in the U.S. on January 7, 2011. Before that, it will play in limited theaters on December 22.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story