'The American' Leads Box Office on Labor Day Weekend
"The American" has become a new champion at North American Box Office on this Labor weekend. The film, which has just been debuted on September 1, rakes in $13.2 million and the number is enough to pull "Takers" away from the top spot. The former winner now sits on number two with $10.9 million haul.
"Machete", which opened on Friday, September 3 with an impressive $3.9 million from ticket sales, takes the third place with $11.4 million gross on its first weekend. Despite the big first day haul, The Hollywood Reporter had predicted that this Robert Rodriguez's R-rated action thriller would lose to "The American" because the George Clooney-starring flick attracts more couples on date night than the gory genre film.
On the fourth spot there is "The Last Exorcism" which drops two places from last weekend. The horror movie adds $7.3 million to its domestic revenue. Another newcomer "Going the Distance" rounds up the top five with $6.9 million gross.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for September 3-5:
- "The American" - $13.2 million
- "Machete" - $11.4 million
- "Takers" - $10.9 million
- "The Last Exorcism" - $7.3 million
- "Going the Distance" - $6.9 million
- "The Expendables" - $6.6 million
- "The Other Guys" - $5.3 million
- "Eat, Pray, Love" - $4.8 million
- "Inception" - $4.6 million
- "Nanny McPhee Returns" - $3.5 million
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Harry Styles Looks Handsome With His New Haircut. See His Clean-Cut Look!
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- Rihanna Launches 'Star Trek'-Inspired Eyewear With Dior. See the Futuristic Design!
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana