'American Idol' Adds One More Audition City
To accommodate the growing interest to be the next "American Idol", the producers of the FOX series have added one more audition date. In a press release on Thursday, September 2, the show announced Los Angeles as the final audition city.
Fans who would like to get a shot at stardom will have to come at The Forum at 7:00 AM on Tuesday, September 21 to take wristbands. Then they will be told to go home before coming back the next day at 5 A.M. to queue and meet the judges.
"This summer we have had an exceptional turnout - both in the number of people auditioning and the level of their talent," said exec producer Ken Warwick. "Los Angeles has always delivered great talent, and so we feel it only fitting that we end our 10th season audition tour here in our home city."
In addition to expanding the city range, "Idol" is also open for wider age range. Aspiring singers as young as 15 years old are now welcomed for a try out.
This extra date will also benefit FOX in buying time before they should officially announce who will replace Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres. Steven Tyler's participation has been confirmed while Jennifer Lopez's deal reportedly has just been sealed. It is still a question mark as to whether Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi would return.
Tenth season of "American Idol" debuts in January 2011.
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting