'American Idol' Adds One More Audition City
To accommodate the growing interest to be the next "American Idol", the producers of the FOX series have added one more audition date. In a press release on Thursday, September 2, the show announced Los Angeles as the final audition city.
Fans who would like to get a shot at stardom will have to come at The Forum at 7:00 AM on Tuesday, September 21 to take wristbands. Then they will be told to go home before coming back the next day at 5 A.M. to queue and meet the judges.
"This summer we have had an exceptional turnout - both in the number of people auditioning and the level of their talent," said exec producer Ken Warwick. "Los Angeles has always delivered great talent, and so we feel it only fitting that we end our 10th season audition tour here in our home city."
In addition to expanding the city range, "Idol" is also open for wider age range. Aspiring singers as young as 15 years old are now welcomed for a try out.
This extra date will also benefit FOX in buying time before they should officially announce who will replace Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres. Steven Tyler's participation has been confirmed while Jennifer Lopez's deal reportedly has just been sealed. It is still a question mark as to whether Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi would return.
Tenth season of "American Idol" debuts in January 2011.
More American Idol News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media