Chris Brown Announces New Single 'Calypso'
Hot on the heels of his ex-girlfriend Rihanna's announcement that she is going to debut a brand new single this month, Chris Brown announced a fresh material of his own upcoming project. The R&B performer shared the news on his Twitter page.
Brown named the upcoming single "Calypso". He tweeted, "Geeked UP!!! NEW SINGLE called "Calypso" coming real soon produced by POLOW DA DON... this is a song that women have been missing from ME!!" Earlier in August, he posted, "My new album will come next year or sooner." Thus, there is chance that he will face off Rihanna in either single debut or album release.
Chris Brown released his latest studio album "Graffiti" in December 2009, almost 10 months after his infamous altercation with Rihanna. Sadly, it was not quite welcomed by music fans due to negative publicity he received following the assault scandal.
A year and half now after the incident, Chris Brown apparently has made his career back on track. "Deuces", the song which has him teaming up with Young Money's Tyga and Kevin McCall, is poised to take the No. 1 position on Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. Additionally, the movie "Takers", which he stars in, debuted at the first place on North American Box Office.
More Chris Brown News
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'