Chris Brown Announces New Single 'Calypso'
Hot on the heels of his ex-girlfriend Rihanna's announcement that she is going to debut a brand new single this month, Chris Brown announced a fresh material of his own upcoming project. The R&B performer shared the news on his Twitter page.
Brown named the upcoming single "Calypso". He tweeted, "Geeked UP!!! NEW SINGLE called "Calypso" coming real soon produced by POLOW DA DON... this is a song that women have been missing from ME!!" Earlier in August, he posted, "My new album will come next year or sooner." Thus, there is chance that he will face off Rihanna in either single debut or album release.
Chris Brown released his latest studio album "Graffiti" in December 2009, almost 10 months after his infamous altercation with Rihanna. Sadly, it was not quite welcomed by music fans due to negative publicity he received following the assault scandal.
A year and half now after the incident, Chris Brown apparently has made his career back on track. "Deuces", the song which has him teaming up with Young Money's Tyga and Kevin McCall, is poised to take the No. 1 position on Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. Additionally, the movie "Takers", which he stars in, debuted at the first place on North American Box Office.
More Chris Brown News
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2