Chris Brown Announces New Single 'Calypso'
Hot on the heels of his ex-girlfriend Rihanna's announcement that she is going to debut a brand new single this month, Chris Brown announced a fresh material of his own upcoming project. The R&B performer shared the news on his Twitter page.
Brown named the upcoming single "Calypso". He tweeted, "Geeked UP!!! NEW SINGLE called "Calypso" coming real soon produced by POLOW DA DON... this is a song that women have been missing from ME!!" Earlier in August, he posted, "My new album will come next year or sooner." Thus, there is chance that he will face off Rihanna in either single debut or album release.
Chris Brown released his latest studio album "Graffiti" in December 2009, almost 10 months after his infamous altercation with Rihanna. Sadly, it was not quite welcomed by music fans due to negative publicity he received following the assault scandal.
A year and half now after the incident, Chris Brown apparently has made his career back on track. "Deuces", the song which has him teaming up with Young Money's Tyga and Kevin McCall, is poised to take the No. 1 position on Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. Additionally, the movie "Takers", which he stars in, debuted at the first place on North American Box Office.
More Chris Brown News
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary