Casting News: Nicole Scherzinger to 'HIMYM', Devon Sawa to 'Nikita'
Some major casting news arrived relatively at the same time. Nicole Scherzinger has been tapped to guest star on "How I Met Your Mother" and her role is not going to be minor. Meanwhile, former teen heartthrob Devon Sawa scores an acting stint on The CW's newbie "Nikita" and like Szcherzinger, he would be quite significant.
"HIMYM" fans may have been familiar with the fact that Robin used to be a famous teen star back in Canada. Using the moniker Robin Sparkles, young Robin was known as one half of duo Sparkles & Glitter. It turns out Scherzinger is none other than Jessica Glitter aka Robin's former BFF.
"It's going to be a satisfying third chapter in the Robin Sparkles trilogy," says executive producer Craig Thomas as quoted by EW. "It's a prequel to both 'Let's Go to the Mall' and 'Sandcastles in the Sand'." Exec producer Carter Bays added, "It's the origin story of Robin Sparkles. You see where she came from." The episode is called "Glitter" and will air in November.
In the meantime, Sawa who made a name in Hollywood through "Casper" and "Final Destination" would be a villain on "Nikita". He is one of the agents in Division, an organization which has trained the titular character to be an assassin but is now hunting her for betrayal.
The date of Sawa's appearance is unknown but a little info about the character is available. Sawa would be a Division employee named Owen whose skills are equal to Nikita.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video