Casting News: Nicole Scherzinger to 'HIMYM', Devon Sawa to 'Nikita'
Some major casting news arrived relatively at the same time. Nicole Scherzinger has been tapped to guest star on "How I Met Your Mother" and her role is not going to be minor. Meanwhile, former teen heartthrob Devon Sawa scores an acting stint on The CW's newbie "Nikita" and like Szcherzinger, he would be quite significant.
"HIMYM" fans may have been familiar with the fact that Robin used to be a famous teen star back in Canada. Using the moniker Robin Sparkles, young Robin was known as one half of duo Sparkles & Glitter. It turns out Scherzinger is none other than Jessica Glitter aka Robin's former BFF.
"It's going to be a satisfying third chapter in the Robin Sparkles trilogy," says executive producer Craig Thomas as quoted by EW. "It's a prequel to both 'Let's Go to the Mall' and 'Sandcastles in the Sand'." Exec producer Carter Bays added, "It's the origin story of Robin Sparkles. You see where she came from." The episode is called "Glitter" and will air in November.
In the meantime, Sawa who made a name in Hollywood through "Casper" and "Final Destination" would be a villain on "Nikita". He is one of the agents in Division, an organization which has trained the titular character to be an assassin but is now hunting her for betrayal.
The date of Sawa's appearance is unknown but a little info about the character is available. Sawa would be a Division employee named Owen whose skills are equal to Nikita.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding