Promos Reveal Dexter 'Returning' and Rita in Coffin
The fifth season of "Dexter" is previewed in a metaphorical way through a new promo to announce its Fall return. As Dexter collects his last blood slide trophy, his world begins to literally go upside down and everything smashes around him including the picture of his family.
This would be the representation of last season's finale where Dexter's life is torn apart with the death of Rita in the hand of Trinity. A trailer played at the Comic Con last month revealed that Dexter came out of the house with his baby and said "It's me" much to Debra's shock. But it looks like, Dexter won't shut down his dark passenger for in the promo he says, "I've always been good at picking up the pieces".
Beside the promo, there's a teaser which uses Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight". It gives a flashback to Rita in the bloody bathtub and a glimpse of her in the coffin. Dexter gets blood on his hands and Quinn begins to narrow down a suspect.
"Dexter" returns on September 26 on Showtime.
- Season 5 Promo
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch